Subject: bug#4550: 23.1; give users a choice for quitting backtrace buffer

From: Štěpán Němec <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 14:21:58 +0200

On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 02:06:39PM +0200, martin rudalics wrote:
> > I assume this customization would
> > be respected by `quit-window'?
> 
> Conceptually, it would be respected by `switch-to-prev-buffer',
> `replace-buffer-in-windows' and `quit-restore-window' (the buffer
> killing aspect would be probably only handled by the latter).  IIUC
> `quit-window' has a long history of its own and I'm not sure whether
> people would like it to change behavior.

Yeah, but AIUI one of the points of the recent buffer display reform is
to provide a unified customization interface, so I think it would be a
shame to still leave cases which the user has to handle outside of it
(which in this case would be particularly ugly, as `quit-window' doesn't
seem to provide any means to hook into what it does other than the
prefix argument).

Perhaps `quit-window' could check if a relevant specification exists,
and default to the current behaviour if none is found?

  Štěpán