Subject: bug#45483: Subject: 28.0.50; yank-pop broken

From: Andreas Röhler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2020 11:04:36 +0100

In order to search stuff I often mark that item and put it into the 
search-string using yank-pop.

MARK-SOMETHING, C-s, M-y

Unfortunately M-y doesn't ‘yank-pop’ any more, instead minibuffer 
prompts me saying "Yank from kill-ring:"

This would require extra typing and is not as convenient as previous 
behavior.

Thanks all,

Andreas

---

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.5, 
cairo version 1.14.0)
  of 2020-12-27
Repository revision: df882c9701755e2ae063f05d3381de14ae09951e
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11604000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie)

Configured using:
  'configure --with-mailutils -with-modules --with-ffi'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG CAIRO SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY ACL
GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE LIBOTF ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE
XIM MODULES THREADS PDUMPER

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   eldoc-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map text-property-search time-date
subr-x seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs
cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
misearch multi-isearch iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 146125 8070)
  (symbols 24 30229 1)
  (strings 16 65341 2006)
  (string-bytes 1 1054871)
  (vectors 8 12332)
  (vector-slots 4 176871 12142)
  (floats 8 22 43)
  (intervals 28 189 2)
  (buffers 560 10)
  (heap 1024 12568 849))