Subject: [bug#45476] [PATCH] gnu: syncthing: Update to 1.12.0.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 12:46:20 +0100

Hi,

Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> skribis:

> However, the mechanisms used to build Syncthing (and to build Go
> software in general) have changed since that work was done, and the
> go-build-system we have can no longer build recent versions of Syncthing
> except by using the bundled source code.

But it can build this older version of Syncthing.  What’s fundamentally
different between the way the old and the new version of Syncthing are
built?

> We need to overhaul the go-build-system if we want to continue offering
> unbundled Go packages.

Could you explain what needs to be done?  Perhaps starting a new thread
on guix-devel, with an eye on recruiting interested hackers.  :-)

> In the absence of a new go-build-system, it's hard to decide what to do
> here.

I suppose it depends in part on the amount of work needed to keep
using unbundled libraries.

Thanks,
Ludo’.