Subject: Re: bug#45442: 28.0.50 [native-comp] Tries to compile to install-directory

From: Bjoern Bidar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2020 23:01:16 +0200

Hey Andrea, 

> 271fb8a269 does the job for me, would you like to give it a try and
> confirm?
Works for me too.
The only error left but probably not related is:
Compiling /home/bidar/.emacs.d/elpa/powerline-20201129.2306/powerline.el...
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (circular-list ("\"22\"," . #2))
  comp-limplify-lap-inst((byte-constant ("\"22\"," . #3) . 21))
  comp-limplify-block(#s(comp-block-lap :name bb_16 :insns ((setimm #s(comp-
mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 4) cl-subseq) 
(setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil 
:slot 3) identity) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil 
:neg nil :id nil :slot 2) mapconcat) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset 
nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 1) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar 
:typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 1) #s(comp-mvar 
:typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 2) #s(comp-mvar 
:typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3) #s(comp-mvar 
:typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 4) #s(comp-mvar 
:typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 5) #s(comp-mvar 
:typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 6) #s(comp-mvar 
:typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 7) #s(comp-mvar 
:typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 8) #s(comp-mvar 
:typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 9))) (set #s(comp-
mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 9) (call 
symbol-value #s(comp-mvar :typeset nil :valset (colori) :range nil :neg nil 
:id nil :slot nil))) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil 
:neg nil :id nil :slot 8) (call symbol-value #s(comp-mvar :typeset nil :valset 
(color2) :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot nil))) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset 
(t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 7) (call symbol-value 
#s(comp-mvar :typeset nil :valset (color1) :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 
nil))) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil 
:slot 6) (call symbol-value #s(comp-mvar :typeset nil :valset (height) :range 
nil :neg nil :id nil :slot nil))) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset 
nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 5) 2) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) 
:valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 4) "right") (setimm #s(comp-mvar 
:typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3) "bar") (setimm 
#s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 2) "/* 
XPM */ static char * %s_%s[] = { \"%s %s 3 1\", \"...") (setimm #s(comp-mvar 
:typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 1) format) (setimm 
#s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 0) 
create-image) (call specbind #s(comp-mvar :typeset nil :valset (pattern-
height) :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot nil) #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) 
:valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 0)) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset 
(t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 0) (call symbol-value 
#s(comp-mvar :typeset nil :valset (pattern-height) :range nil :neg nil :id nil 
:slot nil))) (call specbind #s(comp-mvar :typeset nil :valset (second-pattern-
height) :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot nil) #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) 
:valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 0)) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset 
(t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 0) (callref / #s(comp-mvar 
:typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 0) #s(comp-mvar 
:typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 1))) (setimm 
#s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 1) 2) 
(call specbind #s(comp-mvar :typeset nil :valset (pattern-height) :range nil 
:neg nil :id nil :slot nil) #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil 
:neg nil :id nil :slot 1)) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range 
nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 1) #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil 
:neg nil :id nil :slot 0)) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range 
nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 0) (callref max #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset 
nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 0) #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil 
:range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 1))) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) 
:valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 1) 0) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset 
(t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 0) (callref - #s(comp-mvar 
:typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 0) #s(comp-mvar 
:typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 1))) (setimm 
#s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 1) 0) 
(set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 
0) (call symbol-value #s(comp-mvar :typeset nil :valset (height) :range nil 
:neg nil :id nil :slot nil))) (call specbind #s(comp-mvar :typeset nil :valset 
(colori) :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot nil) #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) 
:valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 0)) (comment "LAP TAG 63")) 
:closed nil :in-edges nil :out-edges nil :dom nil :df #<hash-table eql 0/65 
0x155905786e4f> :post-num nil :final-frame nil :sp 0 :addr 49))
  comp-limplify-function(#s(comp-func-d :name nil :c-name 
"F616e6f6e796d6f75732d6c616d626461_anonymous_lambda..." :byte-func 
#f(compiled-function (face1 face2 &optional height) #<bytecode 
-0x1debbfdf0facb232>) :doc nil :int-spec nil :lap ((byte-varref window-system 
. 0) (byte-goto-if-nil-else-pop TAG 124 . 1) (byte-varref height . 1) (byte-
goto-if-not-nil TAG 11 . 0) (byte-constant pl/separator-height . 6) (byte-call 
. 0) (byte-varset height . 1) (TAG 11 . 0) (byte-varref face2 . 2) (byte-goto-
if-nil-else-pop TAG 20 . 1) (byte-constant pl/hex-color . 7) (byte-constant 
pl/background-color . 8) (byte-varref face2 . 2) (byte-call . 1) (byte-call . 
1) (TAG 20 . 1) (byte-varbind color1 . 3) (byte-varref face1 . 4) (byte-goto-
if-nil-else-pop TAG 30 . 1) (byte-constant pl/hex-color . 7) (byte-constant 
pl/background-color . 8) (byte-varref face1 . 4) (byte-call . 1) (byte-call . 
1) (TAG 30 . 1) (byte-varbind color2 . 5) (byte-varref color1 . 3) (byte-goto-
if-nil-else-pop TAG 43 . 1) (byte-varref color2 . 5) (byte-goto-if-nil-else-
pop TAG 43 . 1) (byte-constant pl/interpolate . 9) (byte-varref color1 . 3) 
(byte-varref color2 . 5) (byte-call . 2) (TAG 43 . 1) (byte-varbind colori . 
29) (byte-varref color1 . 3) (byte-goto-if-not-nil-else-pop TAG 50 . 1) (byte-
constant "None" . 10) (TAG 50 . 1) (byte-varbind color1 . 3) (byte-varref 
color2 . 5) (byte-goto-if-not-nil-else-pop TAG 56 . 1) (byte-constant "None" . 
10) (TAG 56 . 1) (byte-varbind color2 . 5) (byte-varref colori . 29) (byte-
goto-if-not-nil-else-pop TAG 63 . 1) (byte-constant "None" . 10) (TAG 63 . 1) 
...) :ssa-status nil :frame-size 11 :blocks #<hash-table eq 11/65 
0x15590567ec31> :lap-block #<hash-table equal 0/65 0x15590567ec51> :edges-h 
#<hash-table eql 0/65 0x1559056a56eb> :block-cnt-gen #f(compiled-function () 
#<bytecode 0x1f53ba4c32e6>) :edge-cnt-gen #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 
-0xfffe0ac45b3c16c>) :has-non-local nil :array-h #<hash-table eql 1/65 
0x1559056a570b> :speed 2 :pure nil :ret-type-specifier (t) :lambda-list (face1 
face2 &optional height)))
  #<subr 
F616e6f6e796d6f75732d6c616d626461_anonymous_lambda_59>("F616e6f6e796d6f75732d6c616d626461_anonymous_lambda..." 
#s(comp-func-d :name nil :c-name 
"F616e6f6e796d6f75732d6c616d626461_anonymous_lambda..." :byte-func 
#f(compiled-function (face1 face2 &optional height) #<bytecode 
-0x1debbfdf0facb232>) :doc nil :int-spec nil :lap ((byte-varref window-system 
. 0) (byte-goto-if-nil-else-pop TAG 124 . 1) (byte-varref height . 1) (byte-
goto-if-not-nil TAG 11 . 0) (byte-constant pl/separator-height . 6) (byte-call 
. 0) (byte-varset height . 1) (TAG 11 . 0) (byte-varref face2 . 2) (byte-goto-
if-nil-else-pop TAG 20 . 1) (byte-constant pl/hex-color . 7) (byte-constant 
pl/background-color . 8) (byte-varref face2 . 2) (byte-call . 1) (byte-call . 
1) (TAG 20 . 1) (byte-varbind color1 . 3) (byte-varref face1 . 4) (byte-goto-
if-nil-else-pop TAG 30 . 1) (byte-constant pl/hex-color . 7) (byte-constant 
pl/background-color . 8) (byte-varref face1 . 4) (byte-call . 1) (byte-call . 
1) (TAG 30 . 1) (byte-varbind color2 . 5) (byte-varref color1 . 3) (byte-goto-
if-nil-else-pop TAG 43 . 1) (byte-varref color2 . 5) (byte-goto-if-nil-else-
pop TAG 43 . 1) (byte-constant pl/interpolate . 9) (byte-varref color1 . 3) 
(byte-varref color2 . 5) (byte-call . 2) (TAG 43 . 1) (byte-varbind colori . 
29) (byte-varref color1 . 3) (byte-goto-if-not-nil-else-pop TAG 50 . 1) (byte-
constant "None" . 10) (TAG 50 . 1) (byte-varbind color1 . 3) (byte-varref 
color2 . 5) (byte-goto-if-not-nil-else-pop TAG 56 . 1) (byte-constant "None" . 
10) (TAG 56 . 1) (byte-varbind color2 . 5) (byte-varref colori . 29) (byte-
goto-if-not-nil-else-pop TAG 63 . 1) (byte-constant "None" . 10) (TAG 63 . 1) 
...) :ssa-status nil :frame-size 11 :blocks #<hash-table eq 11/65 
0x15590567ec31> :lap-block #<hash-table equal 0/65 0x15590567ec51> :edges-h 
#<hash-table eql 0/65 0x1559056a56eb> :block-cnt-gen #f(compiled-function () 
#<bytecode 0x1f53ba4c32e6>) :edge-cnt-gen #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 
-0xfffe0ac45b3c16c>) :has-non-local nil :array-h #<hash-table eql 1/65 
0x1559056a570b> :speed 2 :pure nil :ret-type-specifier (t) :lambda-list (face1 
face2 &optional height)))
  comp-limplify(nil)
  #f(compiled-function (pass) #<bytecode 0xfc6b8e1a3aeb64>)(comp-limplify)
  mapc(#f(compiled-function (pass) #<bytecode 0xfc6b8e1a3aeb64>) (comp-spill-
lap comp-limplify comp-fwprop comp-call-optim comp-ipa-pure comp-add-cstrs 
comp-fwprop comp-dead-code comp-tco comp-fwprop comp-remove-type-hints comp-
final))
  comp--native-compile("/home/bidar/.emacs.d/elpa/powerline-20201129.2306/..." 
t)
  eval-buffer(#<buffer  *load*> nil "/tmp/emacs-async-comp-
powerline-1BEwjr.el" nil t)  ; Reading at buffer position 18401
  load-with-code-conversion("/tmp/emacs-async-comp-powerline-1BEwjr.el" "/tmp/
emacs-async-comp-powerline-1BEwjr.el" nil t)
  command-line-1(("-l" "/tmp/emacs-async-comp-powerline-1BEwjr.el"))
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()

Compilation finished.