Subject: bug#45433: 28.0.50; [feature/native-comp] batch-native-compiling ivy and ox-publish possibly miscompiles

From: Mauricio Collares <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2020 18:41:13 -0300

Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> Hi Mauricio,
>
> you mean that on trunk you get the same error using `batch-byte-compile'
> on both the mentioned files?
>
>   Andrea

Hi Andrea,

Sorry, I misspoke! All of the tests (including the one I will describe
below) were performed on the feature/native-comp branch, not trunk. What
I meant to say is that I retested using the latest commit, since my
original build was a week old. The error messages I get when requiring
ivy, ox-publish and esxml-query on the latest commit of the native-comp
branch match the three error messages I sent before.

I also tested if just using batch-byte-compile was enough to trigger the
error when requiring esxml-query, and it wasn't. It only happens when
using batch-native-compile. I didn't test deferred compilation, though.

Best,
Mauricio