Subject: [bug#45409] [PATCH v3 3/3] guix: Split (guix substitutes) from (guix scripts substitute).

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 22:21:28 +0000

Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> writes:

> Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I've rebased on master, tweaked the commit messages, and send a set of
>> v4 patches and while they don't create the (guix substitutes) module, I
>> think they unpick the bits I'd like to move out from the code doing the
>> connection caching.
>
> I did some more testing today, and while it turns out the tests passed
> when run with network access, one test failed when building the guix
> package.
>
> I've now rebased, and added an addition patch to address this, and sent
> a v5 series. My testing locally seems to suggest this works, so I'd like
> to merge it soon so I can push on with moving code out of the script
> module.

I've gone ahead and pushed these patches as
5c7874adb00c834e55e58a9b964ebc5fd1bb872c. I'll send some more patches to
make the remaining changes shortly.