Subject: [bug#45409] [PATCH v3 3/3] guix: Split (guix substitutes) from (guix scripts substitute).

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2021 13:56:31 +0000

Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> writes:

> I've rebased on master, tweaked the commit messages, and send a set of
> v4 patches and while they don't create the (guix substitutes) module, I
> think they unpick the bits I'd like to move out from the code doing the
> connection caching.

I did some more testing today, and while it turns out the tests passed
when run with network access, one test failed when building the guix
package.

I've now rebased, and added an addition patch to address this, and sent
a v5 series. My testing locally seems to suggest this works, so I'd like
to merge it soon so I can push on with moving code out of the script
module.

One other thing, while trying to debug the test failure, I was hitting
the rather topical substituter "Backtrace:" issue [1][2], and of course,
this is more an issue with error handling than anything else. I hacked
something in to send backtraces to (current-error-port), which is
specifically handled in the substituter script, and I think that would
be a good thing to do properly?

1: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/45828
2: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/46362

Thanks,

Chris