Subject: Re: bug#45402: 28.0.50; new completion inconvenience

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2020 00:34:12 -0500

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > Yes, that was something I took into account when I'vge created
  > "/media:". However, people typing "/dev TAB" will also be annoyed,
  > because it could complete to "/dev/" and to "/device:".

I thought about that and concluded that there is little occasion to
enter /dev in a minibuffer in Emacs.  (Have you ever done so?)
So it is a potential problem that won't actually happen, and that makes
it ok.

  > Meanwhile, I'm discussing with myself, whether "/mtp:" is acceptable. It
  > is the superior protocol. I hope I will win the discussion :-)

I see no problem with it.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)