Subject: bug#45402: closed (Re: bug#45402: Rename Tramp method "media")

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2020 11:45:02 +0000

Your bug report

#45402: 28.0.50; new completion inconvenience

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
45402: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=45402
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#45402: Rename Tramp method "media"
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Kévin Le Gouguec <[email-masked]>
Cc: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2020 12:44:26 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Kévin Le Gouguec <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Kévin,

> I have no expertise whatsoever about these protocols; I only learned
> about them just now.  Are there users we could poll to find a method
> name that makes sense?  I've looked at 2020-01-22 "Add new Tramp method
> "media"" (2d9d62bb24), but I could not see any bug ID, so I don't know
> who we could turn to.

There was no external request, it was my own decision to add this Tramp
method.

Finally, I've converted "media" to "mtp" in Tramp. So what. Closing the bug.

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: 28.0.50; new completion inconvenience
From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2020 00:53:49 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

My default directory is ~/ and I tyoe C-x C-f /med TAB.

It used to give me ~//media/.  Another TAB would give me
~//media/rms/.

But now it gives me ~//media and more TABs does not get me any further
than that.

I think this is related to Tramp, but I don't use Tramp.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.32, cairo version 1.15.10)
 of 2020-12-08 built on freetop
Repository revision: 0155bd0fdb166c97a2ce76cc5bc64fd195a676d3
Repository branch: master
System Description: Trisquel GNU/Linux Etiona (9.0)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-gnutls=ifavailable 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK2 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS PDUMPER

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  gpm-mouse-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(whitespace cl-print debug backtrace rmail-spam-filter rmailedit
rmailsort undigest tramp-gvfs zeroconf tramp-cache bug-reference
shortdoc help-fns radix-tree descr-text help-at-pt ispell unrmail
time-stamp texinfo url-http url-auth url-gw nsm tramp tramp-loaddefs
trampver tramp-integration tramp-compat ls-lisp arc-mode archive-mode
srecode/srt-mode semantic/analyze semantic/sort semantic/scope
semantic/analyze/fcn semantic/db semantic/format srecode/template
srecode/srt-wy semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/ctxt
srecode/ctxt semantic/tag-ls semantic/find srecode/compile
srecode/dictionary srecode/fields srecode/table srecode eieio-base
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw mode-local cedet pcmpl-unix rect compare-w novice kmacro
etags fileloop xref project quail mail-extr pp shadow emacsbug
smerge-mode diff log-edit pcvs-util add-log org-element avl-tree
generator ol-eww ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect
gnus-search eieio-opt speedbar ezimage dframe gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start
gnus-dbus dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win ol-docview doc-view jka-compr
image-mode exif ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m org ob ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint
org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table ol org-keys
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs cl-extra parse-time iso8601 mhtml-mode css-mode
smie eww xdg url-queue mm-url gnus nnheader wid-edit color js imenu
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs sgml-mode help-mode mule-util shell
pcomplete thingatpt files-x grep compile comint ansi-color ring
misearch multi-isearch epa-mail rmailkwd rmailsum vc-mtn vc-hg vc-git
diff-mode easy-mmode vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc
vc-dispatcher shr kinsoku svg xml dom rmailout dabbrev mailalias
sendmail qp rmailmm message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mail-parse rfc2231
rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs t-mouse term/linux view
derived paren cus-start cus-load advice finder-inf package easymenu
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet
lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1028535 143643)
 (symbols 48 45508 18)
 (strings 32 215598 23071)
 (string-bytes 1 5404871)
 (vectors 16 73141)
 (vector-slots 8 2067265 131585)
 (floats 8 451 453)
 (intervals 56 129103 4709)
 (buffers 984 160))
[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)