Subject: 28.0.50; Error in coloured output in Emacs 28.05(AUR package: emacs-git)

From: Utkarsh Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 09:39:57 +0530

In the attached screenshot I am trying to compare eshell behaviour
for 2 colored outputs. On the left hand side 'pacman -Ss emacs' command
generates a small coloured output which works as expected but on the
right hand side 'yay -Ss emacs' generates a fairly large output in which
half of the colour in distorted. Screenshot have been obtained using
'emacs -Q' command.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.24, cairo version 1.17.4)
 of 2020-12-22 built on archlinux
Repository revision: 87e422f1044068a4d27e5e4bfdbc664d9e4bbc43
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12010000
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-gameuser=:games
 --with-sound=alsa --with-modules --without-gconf --without-gsettings
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --without-xaw3d --without-compress-install
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -flto'
 CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY ACL
GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD JSON
PDUMPER LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LANG: en_IN.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  flyspell-mode: t
  company-tng-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  amx-mode: t
  ivy-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  minions-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/utkarsh/.config/emacs/elpa/modus-operandi-theme-20201114.729/modus-operandi-theme hides /home/utkarsh/.config/emacs/elpa/modus-themes-20201221.626/modus-operandi-theme
/home/utkarsh/.config/emacs/elpa/modus-themes-20201221.626/modus-vivendi-theme hides /home/utkarsh/.config/emacs/elpa/modus-vivendi-theme-20201114.729/modus-vivendi-theme

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug flyspell ispell company-oddmuse
company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-clang
company-capf company-cmake company-semantic company-template
company-bbdb company-tng company pcase flycheck rx dash
modus-vivendi-theme modus-themes winner notmuch hl-line notmuch-tree
notmuch-jump notmuch-hello notmuch-show notmuch-print notmuch-crypto
notmuch-mua notmuch-message notmuch-draft notmuch-maildir-fcc
notmuch-address notmuch-company notmuch-parser notmuch-wash diff-mode
coolj notmuch-query goto-addr icalendar diary-lib diary-loaddefs
notmuch-tag crm notmuch-lib notmuch-compat mm-view mml-smime smime dig
smtpmail sendmail sdcv pos-tip popup showtip esh-module esh-groups
esh-util elfeed-show elfeed-search message rmc rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader shr
kinsoku puny svg dom elfeed-csv elfeed elfeed-curl elfeed-log elfeed-db
elfeed-lib url-queue xml-query xml saveplace-pdf-view saveplace
pdf-occur ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs tablist tablist-filter
semantic/wisent/comp semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw mode-local cedet pdf-isearch let-alist pdf-misc imenu
pdf-tools cus-edit cus-start cus-load pdf-view bookmark pp jka-compr
pdf-cache pdf-info tq pdf-util image-mode exif with-editor
async-bytecomp async shell server try amx s counsel xdg xref project
compile text-property-search swiper ivy delsel ivy-faces ivy-overlay
colir color org-superstar org-element avl-tree generator minions
autorevert filenotify the-org-mode-expansions org ob ob-tangle ob-ref
ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint
org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color ring org-list org-faces
org-entities time-date noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-table ol org-keys org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs
format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs dired-aux dired
dired-loaddefs expand-region text-mode-expansions er-basic-expansions
thingatpt expand-region-core advice expand-region-custom recentf
tree-widget wid-edit paren elec-pair edmacro kmacro cl-extra help-mode
use-package use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core finder-inf
info package easymenu browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win
x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 490199 85575)
 (symbols 48 35324 1)
 (strings 32 139447 8020)
 (string-bytes 1 4127630)
 (vectors 16 50672)
 (vector-slots 8 580161 204414)
 (floats 8 364 675)
 (intervals 56 384 0)
 (buffers 984 11))