Subject: bug#45379: 28.0.50; Degraded Performance of describe-buffer-bindings

From: handa <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2021 10:42:39 +0900

In article <[email-masked]>, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> > From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
> > Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2021 20:44:33 -0800
> > Cc: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>, martin rudalics <[email-masked]>, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, 
> > 	[email-masked], Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>, 
> > 	Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
> > 
> > It turns out that we were doing unnecessary looping due to the above
> > mentioned commit.

Could you show me what is "the above mentioned commit"?

> >  While working on this, I also found that we can get
> > rid of an unnecessary call to char_table_ref_and_range, which should
> > make this function run even faster.

Is the patch for the above improvement the one included in the file
0001-Fix-describe-buffer-bindings-performance-regression.patch?

> > I'm also copying in Kenichi Handa, who was the last to touch this code.
> > Handa-san, please let us know if you have any comments on this patch.
> > Thanks in advance.

> AFAICT, you didn't CC Kenichi; I have now added him to the discussion.

It was more than 10 years ago that I last read keymap.c, and since then,
the code has been changed a lot.  It will take some time to understand
the latest code.

---
K. Handa
[email-masked]