Subject: bug#45330: 28.0.50; debbugs-gnu: Can't select reports before having started Gnus

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2021 06:46:59 +0100

Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> I can switch the test to be something more explicit, but how about --
> bear with me here -- making `gnus-summary-line-format' a group
> parameter? It's something I've been thinking about for a while. It would
> be really nice to be able to give different groups different summary
> appearances. And it would allow Michael and everyone else to use a
> separate format string for groups like debbugs or whatnot, that are
> often opened without Gnus actually being running.
>
> WDYT?

Uhm...  I think it sounds like a surprising feature.  People set that
variable from hooks, I think, and I think that's fine without getting
group parameters involved.

And I'm rather doubtful that this will fix the problems Michael are
experiencing.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no