Subject: bug#45328: 28.0.50; [PATCH] Compare raw syntax descriptors with equal in `python-indent-region'

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 21:19:33 +0000

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> In `python-indent-region' we are comparing raw syntax descriptors using
>> `eq' but I think we should use `equal' (as we do underneath in
>> `python-fill-string').
>>
>> I'm quite convinced the fix is correct but; should this go also in 27
>> where the code is the same?
>
> That was in December, and there were no followups.
>
> We are one week away from Emacs 27.2, so I don't think we want this on
> emacs-27 right now.  If you think the fix is correct, I don't see why we
> couldn't push it there after Emacs 27.2 is released.
>
> Should we perhaps start by getting the fix pushed to master?

Uhmm, I thought the patch was correct but re-testing it this is now
breaking the `python-indent-region-5' test.

Maybe there's a reason why we should use eq there or maybe this is
unveiling a real bug?  Not sure, I guess some expert of that code should
probably have a look.

  Andrea