Subject: bug#45319: 28.0.50; Redisplay: `forward-char' moves backwards into invisible text

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 15:05:25 +0200

> From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 13:44:05 +0100
> 
> Magit's section highlighting is performed in post-command-hook, so it
> highlights the wrong section in this case based on that value.  Do you
> have a solution for this kind of problem?

I don't think I understand the problem well enough yet to answer that
question, especially since you say that your simplified recipe behaves
differently.

What exactly is the problem in the magit case? does it use the value
of point in some way, and if so, how?  IOW, what is "section
highlighting" in magit?

> Ok, have tried now with (setq global-disable-point-adjustment t) and it
> avoids the problem in my test case, yes.  However it's not what I want
> to do in this buffer (or generally in this kind of situation, most of
> the time).

A stab in the dark: there's disable-point-adjustment, which could be
set temporarily, perhaps that could help?