Subject: 28.0.50; mark-paragraph

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 00:11:56 -0500

Create a buffer in Fundamental mode, insert the text

this is
a test

with no newline at the end, put point at the end,  and type M-h.

It does not set the mark.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.32, cairo version 1.15.10)
 of 2020-12-08 built on freetop
Repository revision: 0155bd0fdb166c97a2ce76cc5bc64fd195a676d3
Repository branch: master
System Description: Trisquel GNU/Linux Etiona (9.0)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-gnutls=ifavailable 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK2 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS PDUMPER

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: RMAIL

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  gpm-mouse-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug smerge-mode diff log-edit pcvs-util add-log
org-element avl-tree generator ol-eww ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info
ol-gnus nnselect gnus-search eieio-opt speedbar ezimage dframe
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum gnus-group
gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win
ol-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb
ol-w3m org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro
org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core
ob-eval org-table ol org-keys org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs
format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs cl-extra
parse-time iso8601 mhtml-mode css-mode smie eww xdg url-queue mm-url
gnus nnheader wid-edit color js imenu cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
sgml-mode help-mode mule-util shell pcomplete thingatpt files-x grep
compile comint ansi-color ring misearch multi-isearch epa-mail
rmailkwd rmailsum vc-mtn vc-hg vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode vc-bzr
vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc vc-dispatcher shr kinsoku svg
xml dom rmailout dabbrev mailalias sendmail qp rmailmm message rmc
puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg epg-config gnus-util
text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mail-parse rfc2231 rmail
rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs t-mouse term/linux view
derived paren cus-start cus-load advice finder-inf package easymenu
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet
lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 623831 68319)
 (symbols 48 27145 3)
 (strings 32 96682 5494)
 (string-bytes 1 3156284)
 (vectors 16 54707)
 (vector-slots 8 1438240 81088)
 (floats 8 363 545)
 (intervals 56 83923 2585)
 (buffers 984 96))
[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)