Subject: Re: bug#45318: 28.0.50; mark-paragraph

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2021 10:19:40 +0100

"H. Dieter Wilhelm" <[email-masked]> writes:

> But I would like to extend this solution for the following case: (and
> (eobp) (bolp)).  The current implementation of M-h is doing nothing (for
> positive arguments) because - formally - the cursor sits in an "empty"
> paragraph and there are no further paragraphs below.
>
> But in this situation applying M-h clearly shows the user's intention to
> mark the paragraph above the cursor (and possibly further ones above
> when typing M-hhhh).
>
> What is your opinion?

I'm not quite sure I follow you, but either with the proposed patch, or
what I take to be your suggestion here, `mark-paragraph' works quite
differently here than in Emacs 27, and we should get the previous
behaviour back.

With this buffer:

calling (mark-paragraph nil) gives me this in Emacs 27:

I.e., it selects the previous paragraph, even if you're at the end of
the buffer.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no