Subject: Re: bug#45303: 28.0.50; [feature/native-comp] comp.c compilation error on Windows 10

From: Liāu, Kiong-Gē 廖宮毅 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2020 13:46:21 -0600

The last commit still has the linker issue, and this time we have
"strsignal" pops up

  CCLD     temacs.exe
C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/10.2.0/../../../../x86_64-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe:
comp.o: in function `md5_gz_stream':
C:\msys64\home\VWinUser0\Downloads\emacs\native-comp\build\src/../../src/src/comp.c:717:
undefined reference to `inflateInit2_'
C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/10.2.0/../../../../x86_64-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe:
C:\msys64\home\VWinUser0\Downloads\emacs\native-comp\build\src/../../src/src/comp.c:734:
undefined reference to `inflate'
C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/10.2.0/../../../../x86_64-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe:
C:\msys64\home\VWinUser0\Downloads\emacs\native-comp\build\src/../../src/src/comp.c:745:
undefined reference to `inflateEnd'
C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/10.2.0/../../../../x86_64-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe:
C:\msys64\home\VWinUser0\Downloads\emacs\native-comp\build\src/../../src/src/comp.c:745:
undefined reference to `inflateEnd'
C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/10.2.0/../../../../x86_64-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe:
process.o: in function `status_message':
C:\msys64\home\VWinUser0\Downloads\emacs\native-comp\build\src/../../src/src/process.c:754:
undefined reference to `strsignal'
C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/10.2.0/../../../../x86_64-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe:
callproc.o: in function `call_process':
C:\msys64\home\VWinUser0\Downloads\emacs\native-comp\build\src/../../src/src/callproc.c:916:
undefined reference to `strsignal'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [Makefile:661: temacs.exe] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
'/home/VWinUser0/Downloads/emacs/native-comp/build/src'
make: *** [Makefile:434: src] Error 2

On Sun, Dec 20, 2020 at 1:10 PM Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > =?UTF-8?Q?Li=C4=[email-masked], _?= Kiong-Gē 廖宮毅
> > <[email-masked]> writes:
> >
> >> a segmentation error at make -C src/bootstramp-emacs.exe:
> >                                            ^^^^^
> > Wow, didn't know aqbout :-)
>
> That's one of the easter eggs of the branch :D