Subject: bug#45294: closed (Re: bug#45294: guix system reconfigure won't run since commit 6a060ff27ff68384d7c90076baa36c349fff689d)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 23:44:01 +0000

Your bug report

#45294: guix system reconfigure won't run since commit 6a060ff27ff68384d7c90076baa36c349fff689d

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
45294: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=45294
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#45294: guix system reconfigure won't run since commit 6a060ff27ff68384d7c90076baa36c349fff689d
From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
To: Yasuaki Kudo <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 18:43:46 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Thu, Dec 24, 2020 at 05:58:03AM +0900, Yasuaki Kudo wrote:
> Hi!
> 
> As of right now (the commit ID being:
> https://github.com/guix-mirror/guix/commit/9bc00fb9573a1881be53ea29205483d5c901d98e
> )
> 
> I confirm that the problem disappeared for me.   I did not change anything on my end since I originally reported the issue.

Great! I'm closing the bug.

If anybody is still experiencing this problem, please reply to say so!

Subject: guix system reconfigure won't run since commit 6a060ff27ff68384d7c90076baa36c349fff689d
From: yasu <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 22:12:56 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

On my system, guix system reconfigure stopped running since commit:
6a060ff27ff68384d7c90076baa36c349fff689d.

The last good commit was its parent:
dea1ee1fd740248307f74ca4cb70b94742264098

Regards,
Yasu

~$ sudo guix system reconfigure  ~/config.scm

The following derivations will be built:
   /gnu/store/qhvxbh8fa832wd3j36j2lzlci5mdvyv9-system.drv
   /gnu/store/hkipg032lph2krlvdmsgyijxd10ywvaq-combined-initrd.drv
   /gnu/store/c063b54m10j25j1w72c8j71ybchx2ppf-microcode-initrd.drv
   /gnu/store/izqw36p3q10amfn1vq1wvghi1ihys6xa-module-import-
compiled.drv
   /gnu/store/yjlp5dp89saaasymxmls2jdshp8dbn6q-intel-microcode-
20201118.drv
   /gnu/store/961s8ggdwrv0zhks4q756xbsjbvgphls-intel-microcode-
20201118-checkout.drv
   /gnu/store/kj08l70y2jzwigkj5ncnhahj6cbxc8qr-module-import-
compiled.drv
   /gnu/store/jmk4d8nna8mdwwsaqvibfr05d3m38py0-module-import-
compiled.drv
   /gnu/store/zx61i0p7p6g23jsm4vp2icsqxypixiqw-raw-initrd.drv
   /gnu/store/z2cwj7an5nwgzqfy9904drc8bhfhyqqy-parameters.drv
   /gnu/store/ppnr4xm0zrfk3wmk3hzyqvn87fbfm6vf-grub.cfg.drv

building /gnu/store/jmk4d8nna8mdwwsaqvibfr05d3m38py0-module-import-
compiled.drv...
building /gnu/store/izqw36p3q10amfn1vq1wvghi1ihys6xa-module-import-
compiled.drv...
 46%
[################################################################      
                                                                      ]
builder for `/gnu/store/izqw36p3q10amfn1vq1wvghi1ihys6xa-module-import-
compiled.drv' failed with exit code 1
build of /gnu/store/izqw36p3q10amfn1vq1wvghi1ihys6xa-module-import-
compiled.drv failed
View build log at
'/var/log/guix/drvs/iz/qw36p3q10amfn1vq1wvghi1ihys6xa-module-import-
compiled.drv.bz2'.
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/c063b54m10j25j1w72c8j71ybchx2ppf-
microcode-initrd.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
building /gnu/store/zx61i0p7p6g23jsm4vp2icsqxypixiqw-raw-initrd.drv...
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/hkipg032lph2krlvdmsgyijxd10ywvaq-
combined-initrd.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/ppnr4xm0zrfk3wmk3hzyqvn87fbfm6vf-
grub.cfg.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
guix system: error: build of
`/gnu/store/ppnr4xm0zrfk3wmk3hzyqvn87fbfm6vf-grub.cfg.drv' failed
~$
~$

This is the content of:
/var/log/guix/drvs/iz/qw36p3q10amfn1vq1wvghi1ihys6xa-module-import-
compiled.drv.bz2

[ 1/26] Loading './gnu/build/linux-initrd.scm'...
[ 2/26] Loading './guix/base32.scm'...
[ 3/26] Loading './guix/build/store-copy.scm'...
[ 4/26] Loading './guix/build/syscalls.scm'...
[ 5/26] Loading './guix/build/utils.scm'...
[ 6/26] Loading './guix/combinators.scm'...
[ 7/26] Loading './guix/cpio.scm'...
[ 8/26] Loading './guix/progress.scm'...
[ 9/26] Loading './guix/records.scm'...
[10/26] Loading './guix/serialization.scm'...
[11/26] Loading './guix/sets.scm'...
[12/26] Loading './guix/store/deduplication.scm'...
;;; Failed to autoload copy-file/deduplicate in (guix store
deduplication):
;;; no code for module (gcrypt hash)
Backtrace:
          17 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/k6dm80bpy4p8w4255n6c84vp01j?")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
    619:8 16 (_ #f)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   460:18 15 (fold #<procedure 7ffff0b81f40 at ice-9/eval.scm:336:1?>
?)
   460:18 14 (fold #<procedure 7ffff0763040 at ice-9/eval.scm:336:1?>
?)
   460:18 13 (fold #<procedure 7ffff0cffda0 at ice-9/eval.scm:336:1?>
?)
In ice-9/eval.scm:
    619:8 12 (_ #(#(#<directory (guix build utils) 7ffff118bd20>) # ?))
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   2806:4 11 (save-module-excursion #<procedure 7ffff0cff7c0 at ice-?>)
In unknown file:
          10 (primitive-load "./guix/store/deduplication.scm")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
   721:20  9 (primitive-eval (define-module (guix store #) # (# #) ?))
In ice-9/psyntax.scm:
  1241:36  8 (expand-top-sequence ((define-module (guix store #) ?)) ?)
  1233:19  7 (parse _ (("placeholder" placeholder)) ((top) #(# # ?)) ?)
   285:10  6 (parse _ (("placeholder" placeholder)) (()) _ c&e (eval)
?)
In ice-9/eval.scm:
   293:34  5 (_ #<directory (guix build utils) 7ffff118bd20>)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   3380:4  4 (define-module* _ #:filename _ #:pure _ #:version _ # _ ?)
  2565:24  3 (call-with-deferred-observers #<procedure 7ffff0c3b960 ?
  3393:24  2 (_)
   222:17  1 (map1 (((gcrypt hash)) ((guix build utils)) ((guix ?)) ?))
   3300:6  0 (resolve-interface (gcrypt hash) #:select _ #:hide _ # _
?)

ice-9/boot-9.scm:3300:6: In procedure resolve-interface:
no code for module (gcrypt hash)