Subject: bug#45294: guix system reconfigure won't run since commit 6a060ff27ff68384d7c90076baa36c349fff689d

From: yasu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 22:12:56 +0900

Hi,

On my system, guix system reconfigure stopped running since commit:
6a060ff27ff68384d7c90076baa36c349fff689d.

The last good commit was its parent:
dea1ee1fd740248307f74ca4cb70b94742264098

Regards,
Yasu

~$ sudo guix system reconfigure  ~/config.scm

The following derivations will be built:
   /gnu/store/qhvxbh8fa832wd3j36j2lzlci5mdvyv9-system.drv
   /gnu/store/hkipg032lph2krlvdmsgyijxd10ywvaq-combined-initrd.drv
   /gnu/store/c063b54m10j25j1w72c8j71ybchx2ppf-microcode-initrd.drv
   /gnu/store/izqw36p3q10amfn1vq1wvghi1ihys6xa-module-import-
compiled.drv
   /gnu/store/yjlp5dp89saaasymxmls2jdshp8dbn6q-intel-microcode-
20201118.drv
   /gnu/store/961s8ggdwrv0zhks4q756xbsjbvgphls-intel-microcode-
20201118-checkout.drv
   /gnu/store/kj08l70y2jzwigkj5ncnhahj6cbxc8qr-module-import-
compiled.drv
   /gnu/store/jmk4d8nna8mdwwsaqvibfr05d3m38py0-module-import-
compiled.drv
   /gnu/store/zx61i0p7p6g23jsm4vp2icsqxypixiqw-raw-initrd.drv
   /gnu/store/z2cwj7an5nwgzqfy9904drc8bhfhyqqy-parameters.drv
   /gnu/store/ppnr4xm0zrfk3wmk3hzyqvn87fbfm6vf-grub.cfg.drv

building /gnu/store/jmk4d8nna8mdwwsaqvibfr05d3m38py0-module-import-
compiled.drv...
building /gnu/store/izqw36p3q10amfn1vq1wvghi1ihys6xa-module-import-
compiled.drv...
 46%
[################################################################      
                                                                      ]
builder for `/gnu/store/izqw36p3q10amfn1vq1wvghi1ihys6xa-module-import-
compiled.drv' failed with exit code 1
build of /gnu/store/izqw36p3q10amfn1vq1wvghi1ihys6xa-module-import-
compiled.drv failed
View build log at
'/var/log/guix/drvs/iz/qw36p3q10amfn1vq1wvghi1ihys6xa-module-import-
compiled.drv.bz2'.
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/c063b54m10j25j1w72c8j71ybchx2ppf-
microcode-initrd.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
building /gnu/store/zx61i0p7p6g23jsm4vp2icsqxypixiqw-raw-initrd.drv...
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/hkipg032lph2krlvdmsgyijxd10ywvaq-
combined-initrd.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/ppnr4xm0zrfk3wmk3hzyqvn87fbfm6vf-
grub.cfg.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
guix system: error: build of
`/gnu/store/ppnr4xm0zrfk3wmk3hzyqvn87fbfm6vf-grub.cfg.drv' failed
~$
~$

This is the content of:
/var/log/guix/drvs/iz/qw36p3q10amfn1vq1wvghi1ihys6xa-module-import-
compiled.drv.bz2

[ 1/26] Loading './gnu/build/linux-initrd.scm'...
[ 2/26] Loading './guix/base32.scm'...
[ 3/26] Loading './guix/build/store-copy.scm'...
[ 4/26] Loading './guix/build/syscalls.scm'...
[ 5/26] Loading './guix/build/utils.scm'...
[ 6/26] Loading './guix/combinators.scm'...
[ 7/26] Loading './guix/cpio.scm'...
[ 8/26] Loading './guix/progress.scm'...
[ 9/26] Loading './guix/records.scm'...
[10/26] Loading './guix/serialization.scm'...
[11/26] Loading './guix/sets.scm'...
[12/26] Loading './guix/store/deduplication.scm'...
;;; Failed to autoload copy-file/deduplicate in (guix store
deduplication):
;;; no code for module (gcrypt hash)
Backtrace:
          17 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/k6dm80bpy4p8w4255n6c84vp01j?")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
    619:8 16 (_ #f)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   460:18 15 (fold #<procedure 7ffff0b81f40 at ice-9/eval.scm:336:1?>
?)
   460:18 14 (fold #<procedure 7ffff0763040 at ice-9/eval.scm:336:1?>
?)
   460:18 13 (fold #<procedure 7ffff0cffda0 at ice-9/eval.scm:336:1?>
?)
In ice-9/eval.scm:
    619:8 12 (_ #(#(#<directory (guix build utils) 7ffff118bd20>) # ?))
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   2806:4 11 (save-module-excursion #<procedure 7ffff0cff7c0 at ice-?>)
In unknown file:
          10 (primitive-load "./guix/store/deduplication.scm")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
   721:20  9 (primitive-eval (define-module (guix store #) # (# #) ?))
In ice-9/psyntax.scm:
  1241:36  8 (expand-top-sequence ((define-module (guix store #) ?)) ?)
  1233:19  7 (parse _ (("placeholder" placeholder)) ((top) #(# # ?)) ?)
   285:10  6 (parse _ (("placeholder" placeholder)) (()) _ c&e (eval)
?)
In ice-9/eval.scm:
   293:34  5 (_ #<directory (guix build utils) 7ffff118bd20>)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   3380:4  4 (define-module* _ #:filename _ #:pure _ #:version _ # _ ?)
  2565:24  3 (call-with-deferred-observers #<procedure 7ffff0c3b960 ?
  3393:24  2 (_)
   222:17  1 (map1 (((gcrypt hash)) ((guix build utils)) ((guix ?)) ?))
   3300:6  0 (resolve-interface (gcrypt hash) #:select _ #:hide _ # _
?)

ice-9/boot-9.scm:3300:6: In procedure resolve-interface:
no code for module (gcrypt hash)