Subject: bug#45280: closed (Re: bug#45280: qutebrowser has no audio)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2022 23:51:05 +0000

Your bug report

#45280: qutebrowser has no audio

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
45280: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=45280
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#45280: qutebrowser has no audio
From: "bdju" <[email-masked]>
To: "bdju" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2022 18:50:10 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I have finally gotten sound working. I needed to enable an alsa service
(which also required the sound and possibly audio use-service-modules)
aplay and speaker-test were failing, which seemed to possibly be due to
a lack of /etc/asound.conf, and I found in the manual that the alsa
service creates this file. After enabling that service, I just had to
restart qutebrowser.
As an aside, I think if our qutebrowser package were built with the
optional pulseaudio support enabled, I would never have hit this issue.
Although you could argue that having broken alsa was probably not good
anyway.

I will finally close this issue.

Subject: qutebrowser has no audio
From: "bdju" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 15:29:42 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

guix (GNU Guix) 91e35e32a4938e0e37499c64fa8ed3e7cf51dce3
qutebrowser v1.14.0
full :version output of qutebrowser:
https://paste.the-compiler.org/view/ea2d3602
Has been going on for months now, but I don't think I filed a bug.
Does not show up at all in pavucontrol.