Subject: bug#45272: closed (Re: [PATCH v3] gnu: gnome-builder: Disable jedi plugin.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 14:31:02 +0000

Your bug report

#45272: GNOME Builder: Global search, autocompletion, documentation don't work

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
45272: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=45272
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [PATCH v3] gnu: gnome-builder: Disable jedi plugin.
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Leo Prikler <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 15:30:12 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Leo Prikler <[email-masked]> skribis:

> As pointed out in #45272, it is broken.
>
> * gnu/packages/gnome.scm (gnome-builder)[#:configure-flags] Add
> -Dplugin_jedi=false.

Perfect.  :-)

Applied, thanks!

Ludo’.

Subject: GNOME Builder: Global search, autocompletion, documentation don't work
From: Luis Felipe <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 17:24:35 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Various features described in GNOME Builder documentation (https://builder.readthedocs.io/en/latest/exploring.html) don't seem to work, even though their corresponding extensions are enabled (in Settings → Extensions).

So far, I've only identified Global search, autocompletion, documentation on hover. I tried these in Python code only.

I assumed these features are failing for the same reason, so I'm reporting them together.

## Steps to reproduce: Search for a function in your Python project

1. Start GNOME Builder
2. Click on the "Select a Folder..." button
3. Locate the folder of your project and click "Open"
4. Press Ctrl + . to focus the search box
5. Start typing the name of a function you know is defined in the project source code

## Expected result

You see the function suggested in the results.

## Unexpected result

The suggested results don't include the function. Searching only seems to suggest filenames that include your search terms; definitions in the source code, like classes and functions, seem to be excluded.

## Steps to reproduce: Autocompletion in a Python file

1. Open a Python file
2. Type "Hello". (that's hello in double quotes, followed by a dot)

## Expected result

A list of methods for string objects is displayed after you type the dot.

## Unexpected result

The list is not displayed at all.

## Steps to reproduce: Documentation on hovering over a Python method

1. Open a Python file
2. Type "Hello {}".format("World")
3. Hover over the "format" method or place the caret on it and press F2

## Expected result

A box appears over the method displaying its documentation.

## Unexpected result

The box is not displayed at all.

## System information

guix 08d8c2d
gnome-builder 3.36.1

## Additional information

I see the following output when I start gnome-builder from a terminal:

```
$ gnome-builder
sh: getent: command not found
11:21:17.5362                   ide-application-plugins[ 18651]: CRITICAL: Cannot enable Python 3 plugins: Typelib file for namespace 'Dazzle', version '1.0' not found
11:21:17.5405                                   libpeas[ 18651]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
11:21:17.5407                                   libpeas[ 18651]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
11:21:17.5407                                   libpeas[ 18651]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
11:21:17.5407                                   libpeas[ 18651]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
11:21:17.5407                                   libpeas[ 18651]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
11:21:17.5408                                   libpeas[ 18651]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
11:21:17.5408                                   libpeas[ 18651]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
11:21:17.5409                                   libpeas[ 18651]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
11:21:17.5409                                   libpeas[ 18651]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
11:21:17.5410                                   libpeas[ 18651]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
11:21:17.5410                                   libpeas[ 18651]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
11:21:17.5410                                   libpeas[ 18651]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
11:21:17.5411                                   libpeas[ 18651]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
11:21:17.5411                                   libpeas[ 18651]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
11:21:17.5411                                   libpeas[ 18651]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
11:21:17.5412                                   libpeas[ 18651]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
11:21:17.5412                                   libpeas[ 18651]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
11:21:17.5412                                   libpeas[ 18651]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
11:21:17.5419                                   libpeas[ 18651]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
11:21:17.5420                                   libpeas[ 18651]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
11:21:17.5480                                   libpeas[ 18651]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
11:21:17.5505                                   libpeas[ 18651]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
11:21:17.5507                                   libpeas[ 18651]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
11:21:17.5507                                   libpeas[ 18651]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
11:21:19.8003                        ide-device-manager[ 18651]:  WARNING: GbpQemuDeviceProvider: binfmt is missing from /proc/mounts
11:21:20.0893               gbp-sysprof-workspace-addin[ 18651]:  WARNING: Sysprof-3 is not supported, will not enable profiler: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.gnome.Sysprof3 was not provided by any .service files
```

---
Luis Felipe López Acevedo
https://luis-felipe.gitlab.io/