Subject: bug#45270: GNOME Builder: I can't start a new project

From: Luis Felipe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 15:06:39 +0000

## Steps to reproduce

1. Launch GNOME Builder
2. Click on "Start New Project..."
3. Fill all required fields

## Expected result

The "Create Project" button gets enabled and you can click on it to create the project.

Example: https://builder.readthedocs.io/en/latest/_images/start-new-project.png

## Unexpected result

The "Create Project" button remains disabled, probably because the "Language" field does not display any language options to select, and selecting a language is required.

Example: https://luis-felipe.gitlab.io/media/2020/12/gnu-guix-gnome-builder-start-new-project-2020-12-16.png

Also, note that the "Select a Template" section does not show any templates. Although selecting a template is not required to start a project.

## System information

guix 08d8c2d
gnome-builder 3.36.1

## Additional information

I see the following output when I start gnome-builder from a terminal and follow the steps above:

$ gnome-builder
sh: getent: command not found
10:00:42.7874                   ide-application-plugins[ 17100]: CRITICAL: Cannot enable Python 3 plugins: Typelib file for namespace 'Dazzle', version '1.0' not found
10:00:42.7916                                   libpeas[ 17100]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
10:00:42.7917                                   libpeas[ 17100]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
10:00:42.7918                                   libpeas[ 17100]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
10:00:42.7918                                   libpeas[ 17100]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
10:00:42.7918                                   libpeas[ 17100]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
10:00:42.7918                                   libpeas[ 17100]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
10:00:42.7919                                   libpeas[ 17100]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
10:00:42.7920                                   libpeas[ 17100]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
10:00:42.7920                                   libpeas[ 17100]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
10:00:42.7921                                   libpeas[ 17100]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
10:00:42.7921                                   libpeas[ 17100]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
10:00:42.7921                                   libpeas[ 17100]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
10:00:42.7921                                   libpeas[ 17100]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
10:00:42.7921                                   libpeas[ 17100]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
10:00:42.7922                                   libpeas[ 17100]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
10:00:42.7922                                   libpeas[ 17100]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
10:00:42.7922                                   libpeas[ 17100]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
10:00:42.7923                                   libpeas[ 17100]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
10:00:42.7930                                   libpeas[ 17100]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
10:00:42.7930                                   libpeas[ 17100]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
10:00:42.7991                                   libpeas[ 17100]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
10:00:42.8012                                   libpeas[ 17100]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
10:00:42.8014                                   libpeas[ 17100]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled
10:00:42.8014                                   libpeas[ 17100]:  WARNING: The 'python3' plugin loader has not been enabled

---
Luis Felipe López Acevedo
https://luis-felipe.gitlab.io/