Subject: bug#4524 closed by Jan Djärv <[email-masked]> (Re: bug#4524: 23.1.50; Fullscreen mode layout fixed (Reopen of bug#4363))

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 19:15:09 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs package:

#4524: 23.1.50; Fullscreen mode layout fixed (Reopen of bug#4363)

It has been closed by Jan Djärv <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Jan Djärv <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
4524: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=4524
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#4524: 23.1.50; Fullscreen mode layout fixed (Reopen of bug#4363)
From: Jan Djärv <[email-masked]>
To: Ulrich Neumerkel <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 20:10:24 +0100

Ulrich Neumerkel skrev:
> In fullscreen mode, there is no way to configure the following (from the
> original bug#4363):
> 
>  Using --without-toolkit-scroll-bars with the scrollbar on the left, the
>  window should be shifted a couple of pixels to the left.  This helps to
>  avoid the unclickable and irritating no man's land between the left
>  screen border and the clickable scrollbar.  Otherwise using the
>  scrollbar is more difficult as mouse movements must be very precise
>  horizontally - vertical precision would suffice.  What I do here is
>  either to use a negative geometry to avoid that space or I manually
>  reposition that window.
> 
> Note that I am happy to find some clean (.emacs.el) way to do this.
> 

There is no no-mans-land for the Gtk-version of Emacs. This fixes it for the 
Lucid-version:

(set-frame-parameter nil 'internal-border-width 0)

	Jan D.

Subject: 23.1.50; Fullscreen mode layout fixed (Reopen of bug#4363)
From: Ulrich Neumerkel <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 20:28:05 +0200

In fullscreen mode, there is no way to configure the following (from the
original bug#4363):

 Using --without-toolkit-scroll-bars with the scrollbar on the left, the
 window should be shifted a couple of pixels to the left.  This helps to
 avoid the unclickable and irritating no man's land between the left
 screen border and the clickable scrollbar.  Otherwise using the
 scrollbar is more difficult as mouse movements must be very precise
 horizontally - vertical precision would suffice.  What I do here is
 either to use a negative geometry to avoid that space or I manually
 reposition that window.

Note that I am happy to find some clean (.emacs.el) way to do this.

In GNU Emacs 23.1.50.2 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit)
 of 2009-09-10 on gupu2
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10603000
configured using `configure  '--without-toolkit-scroll-bars' '--prefix' '/opt/gupu/emacs-git''
/