Subject: [PATCH] Remove part about re-using XEmacs code from FAQ

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 07:51:29 -0600

Severity: wishlist

Any objections to or comments on the attached patch?
From e1cc65db3a6892627484b990a9a6641bfffed33e Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 15:43:16 +0100
Subject: [PATCH] Remove part about re-using XEmacs code from FAQ

* doc/misc/efaq.texi (Difference between Emacs and XEmacs): Remove
part about re-using XEmacs code; this is not likely to be relevant
these days and in any case is not a frequently asked question.
---
 doc/misc/efaq.texi | 9 ---------
 1 file changed, 9 deletions(-)

diff --git a/doc/misc/efaq.texi b/doc/misc/efaq.texi
index 462eb4cf3a..f0a38cd353 100644
--- a/doc/misc/efaq.texi
+++ b/doc/misc/efaq.texi
@@ -3548,15 +3548,6 @@ Difference between Emacs and XEmacs
 party packages have either stopped supporting XEmacs or were developed
 exclusively for Emacs.
 
-Some XEmacs code has been contributed to Emacs, and we would like to
-use other parts, but the earlier XEmacs maintainers did not always
-keep track of the authors of contributed code, which makes it
-impossible for the FSF to get copyright papers signed for that code.
-(The FSF requires these papers for all the code included in the Emacs
-release, aside from generic C support packages that retain their
-separate identity and are not integrated into the code of Emacs
-proper.)
-
 If you want to talk about these two versions and distinguish them,
 please call them ``Emacs'' and ``XEmacs.''  To contrast ``XEmacs''
 with ``GNU Emacs'' would be misleading, since XEmacs too has its
-- 
2.29.2