Subject: bug#45202: pcscd service (pcsc-lite) doesn't handle run directory properly

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2020 12:49:27 +0100

Raffael,

Raffael Stocker 写道：
> However, I now noticed a new one: pcscd doesn't seem to be 
> killable
> easily (at least not by a TERM signal), so "herd stop pcscd" has
> no effect.  Sending a KILL signal and starting with "herd start 
> pcscd"
> works without problems, though.

I can reproduce this.  Interestingly(?) it only affects the pcscd 
started by Shepherd.

Manual $(guix build pcsc-lite)/sbin/pcscd invocations, both with 
and without --foreground, are eminently killable with TERM alone.

The Shepherd's instance hangs at

  strace: Process 11441 attached
  select(7, [6], NULL, NULL, NULL

with no activity at all when signal 15 is delivered.  I don't know 
any tricks to attach faster to get more leading context.

Kind regards,

T G-R