Subject: Re: bug#45198: 28.0.50; Sandbox mode

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2021 18:57:37 +0300

> From: Philipp <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2021 17:44:06 +0200
> Cc: João Távora <[email-masked]>,
>  [email-masked], Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>,
>  Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>, Alan Third <[email-masked]>
> 
> > It works and can be pushed right away but it would be nice to have a place to use it, for validation and for tuning the interface. Any plans for that?
> > 
> 
> I think it would be better to first implement the mechanism and not the high-level `sandbox-enter' function (I think that one needs a bit more discussion), and implement the mechanism as a command-line flag.

IMO, if we have no reasonably clear idea how this will be used on the
high level, it might make sense to move this to a feature branch,
instead of working on master.  That's because without a high-level
view, there's no way people could try implementing the same
functionality on platforms other than GNU/Linux, let alone use it.  So
from my POV, at this point this is just an experiment, and we have
feature branches for that.