Subject: Re: [bug#45194] [PATCH] gnu: Add okular.

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2020 18:23:03 -0500

Thank you for these patches!

On Sat, Dec 12, 2020 at 06:54:31PM +0800, Z572 wrote:
> +(define-public ebook-tools

> +       (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/ebook-tools/"
> +                           name "-" version ".tar.gz"))

I corrected this to:

(uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/ebook-tools/ebook-tools/"
                    version "/ebook-tools-" version ".tar.gz"))

> +    (description "Tools and library for dealing with various ebook file formats")

Thanks! I made the description use "complete sentences" and pushed.

> +(define-public kdegraphics-mobipocket

> +       (file-name (string-append name "-" version "-checkout"))

I removed this line.

> +    (arguments
> +     `(#:tests? #f))

I removed this. There are no tests but it's better to "use the defaults"
when they work.

> +    (home-page "https://apps.kde.org/graphics/")

I changed this to <https://apps.kde.org/en/kdegraphics_mobipocket>

> +    (synopsis "Tools and library for dealing with various ebook file formats")
> +    (description "Tools and library for dealing with various ebook file formats")

I changed these to describe kdegraphics-mobipocket.

> +(define-public libkexiv2

> +       (file-name (string-append name "-" version "-checkout"))

I removed this line.

> +    (native-inputs
> +     `(("extra-cmake-modules" ,extra-cmake-modules)
> +       ("pkg-config" ,pkg-config)))

I removed pkg-config, which seems to be unusued.

> +    (home-page "https://apps.kde.org/graphics/")

I changed this to <https://invent.kde.org/graphics/libkexiv2>.

> +    (synopsis "A library to manipulate pictures metadata")
> +    (description "A library to manipulate pictures metadata")

I adjusted these to be more descriptive.

With those changes, I pushed libkexiv2, kdegraphics-mobipocket, and
ebook-tools as commit fdfa25ed7b993597993f0afb355d1da928143e17.

> +(define-public okular

Overall, the Okular package looks good.

> +    (arguments
> +     `(#:tests? #f))

The only problem is that the test suite fails. In Guix, we aim for our
packages to pass upstream test suites unless there is a good reason not to.

I've attached the log of the test failures. Most of the failures seem to
caused by missing mimetype plugins. Does anyone know how to fix it?
Should we skip the tests?