Subject: bug#45186: Emacs master: build broken by spurious message ".../c-by.elc failed to provide feature `semantic/bovine/c-by"

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2020 12:50:42 +0000

Hello again, Lars.

On Sat, Dec 12, 2020 at 12:58:07 +0100, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]> writes:

> > I do a git status, and notice amongs my untracked files list:

> >         lisp/cedet/semantic/wisent/java-tags-wy.el
> > 	lisp/cedet/srecode/srecode-template-wy.el

> > , so I've deleted these.  It hasn't helped.

[...]

> I'd suggest pulling down a clean Emacs tree to see whether the problem
> is present there, too...  or perhaps use a "make extraclean" (I think
> that's the target that'll remove everything, even more than "bootstrap")
> and see whether that helps.

I tried the extraclean first.  It worked!  Phew!

There must have been something hanging over from cedet in files not
removed by bootstrap.  I hadn't actually used the repo for, perhaps, a
year.  I'll remember the recipe.

Have a good Saturday!

> -- 
> (domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
>    bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).