Subject: Re: bug#45173: ‘guix search’ traverses all the modules when extra channels are used

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2020 16:56:20 +0100

Hi!

zimoun <[email-masked]> skribis:

> On Fri, 11 Dec 2020 at 10:29, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
>> $ strace -o /tmp/,,s guix search sdfsdf
>> $ grep gnu/services /tmp/,,s
>> $ echo $?
>> 1
>> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
>
> I do not know what is the point of the strace command, but this file
> contains a lot:

The point :-) is to show that things that should definitely not be
loaded, such as gnu/services/*, are getting loaded when multiple
channels are in use.

Ludo’.