Subject: Re: [bug#45161] [PATCH 0/1] Update go?

From: Jack Hill <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 12:13:46 -0500 (EST)

David,

On Thu, 10 Dec 2020, David Dashyan wrote:

> Yesterday I found packages that won't compile with curent guix's
> go-1.14. Apparently 1.15 is the "stable" thing today.

Awesome, thanks for working on this!

> I've updated go package locally but when I try to run './pre-inst-env guix
> build --rounds=3 go' guix just spits out currently installed go-1.14 store
> directories.  Am I right that this is not how it should work?  It supposed to
> find the modified version in source tree, right?

I think this is because the go still points at 1.14, see the following 
definition:

> (define-public go go-1.14)

We should probably update that so 1.15 is the new default version.

> But I've tested it ;) builds and works.

I've started testing it locally. I'll report back if I notice anything.

Best,
Jack