Subject: bug#45159: 28.0.50; crash when no space on disk

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 19:13:50 +0200

> Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 19:59:52 +0300
> From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> > Yes, please post the backtrace and any other details pertaining to
> > this problem.
> 
> It is reproducible only if Emacs runs under gmalloc trace utils. Do
> you need that?

Yes.  Once we understand the reason, we can think whether it needs to
be fixed or not, but it's hard to do that without knowing which code
crashes and why.

> Additionally I can see that if there is any package like
> persistent-scratch, Emacs cannot be killed with C-x C-c as package
> asked to be saved. There is no way to exit Emacs is disk space is full
> and some package want to save data on exit.

That is also a bug.