Subject: bug#45154: 28.0.50; (gnus-configure-windows 'pipe) fail

From: OGAWA Hirofumi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 15:38:26 +0900

This code outputs the following error.

(require 'gnus-win)
(gnus-configure-windows 'pipe)

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Invalid buffer type: shell-command-buffer-name")
  signal(error ("Invalid buffer type: shell-command-buffer-name"))
  error("Invalid buffer type: %s" shell-command-buffer-name)
  gnus-configure-frame((shell-command-buffer-name 27) #<window 13 on re>)
  gnus-configure-frame((vertical 1.0 (summary 0.25 point) (shell-command-buffer-name 1.0)))

maybe, gnus-buffer-configuration change in

	2ed502d2a7 Add constants for shell command output buffer names

is including mistake.

Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.23, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2020-12-10 built on devron
Repository revision: e6c0447781be9b91c11ca083dbea7934a897f509
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12010000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux bullseye/sid

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --without-xim --with-imagemagick
 --with-wide-int'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB
NOTIFY INOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT
LIBOTF ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS
LIBSYSTEMD JSON PDUMPER LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ja_JP.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/d

Minor modes in effect:
  flyspell-mode: t
  flycheck-pos-tip-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(edebug eieio-opt speedbar ezimage dframe shortdoc misearch
multi-isearch jka-compr help-fns radix-tree cl-print debug backtrace qp
shadow bbdb-message mailalias emacsbug sendmail mule-util sort gnus-cite
mail-extr gnus-async gnus-bcklg bbdb-gnus-aux gnus-ml disp-table hl-line
elfeed-show elfeed-search bookmark elfeed-csv elfeed elfeed-curl
elfeed-log elfeed-db elfeed-lib avl-tree url-queue xml-query gnus-topic
url-http url-gw url-cache utf-7 epa-file gnutls network-stream nsm
nnfolder bbdb-gnus nnnil bbdb-mua spam spam-stat bbdb-com crm bbdb
bbdb-site timezone gnus-uu yenc gnus-demon gnus-delay gnus-draft
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache
gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum
nndraft nnmh gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-xoauth2 oauth2-ext plstore
gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7
netrc nnoo parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rmc
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus
nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
time-date mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit dired-aux
dircolors-faces dired-x dired dired-loaddefs flyspell ispell server
bbdb-loaddefs auth-source-pass irfc-autoloads company-yasnippet pp
url-auth debian-autoloads langtool-autoloads go-translate-kingtr
go-translate-cgi go-translate-rpc go-translate-common go-translate shr
kinsoku puny svg xml dom generic-x git-modes-autoloads user-json-mode
derived js-mode-expansions js imenu cc-mode-expansions cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
flycheck-relint relint xr flycheck-pos-tip pos-tip flycheck find-func rx
dash company-cscope company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags
fileloop generator xref project company-gtags company-dabbrev-code
company-dabbrev company-files company-clang company-capf company-cmake
company-semantic company-template company-bbdb company pcase autoinsert
cl-extra yasnippet help-mode elec-pair grep compile text-property-search
comint ansi-color ring savehist tab-bar-session desktop frameset
icomplete edmacro kmacro expand-region text-mode-expansions
er-basic-expansions thingatpt expand-region-core expand-region-custom
paren mozc-popup popup mozc-im-indicater mozc-im advice info mozc
package easymenu browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib japan-util iso-transl
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1227927 3152564)
 (symbols 48 30145 154)
 (strings 32 2373850 27689)
 (string-bytes 1 96738229)
 (vectors 16 707914)
 (vector-slots 8 7328176 221920)
 (floats 8 215263 775)
 (intervals 56 6844 2910)
 (buffers 984 39))

-- 
OGAWA Hirofumi <[email-masked]>