Subject: bug#45153: closed (Re: [bug#45153] [PATCH v2] gnu: rottlog: Fix mail reporting.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2020 15:08:01 +0000

Your bug report

#45153: [PATCH] gnu: rottlog: Fix mail reporting.

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
45153: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=45153
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#45153] [PATCH v2] gnu: rottlog: Fix mail reporting.
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Leo Le Bouter <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2020 16:07:50 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Leo Le Bouter <[email-masked]> skribis:

>> I thought this was a typo and then realized that our ‘sendmail’
>> package
>> is this broken, due to an incorrect use of ‘DESTDIR’.
>
> Ah! Well I did not notice that as something wrong outright but now that
> you say that yes I see the correct behavior :-)
>
>> The patch below is an attempt to fix that but some of the files are
>> silently not getting installed.  Anyone has ideas here?
>
> Will take a look!

Great.

>> Anyhow, can we instead use ‘mail’ from ‘mailutils’ instead?  (I
>> wrongfully mentioned Inetutils earlier, sorry for the confusion.)
>
> Is it going to be compatible? If so then I'll do it!

Yes, I think so, again provided there’s a mail setup on the machine.

I went ahead and made this change since it was a minor change compared
to the patch you had sent earlier.

Thanks!

Ludo’.

Subject: [PATCH] gnu: rottlog: Fix mail reporting.
From: dftxbs3e <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 04:41:29 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello!

I was getting errors like this in my GNU Guix System installation:

# cat /var/log/mcron.log
/gnu/store/8q2i735qhdivn5pn87b6ay7z16xnf6py-rottlog-
0.72.2/sbin/rottlog: line 1596: sendmail: command not found
/gnu/store/8q2i735qhdivn5pn87b6ay7z16xnf6py-rottlog-
0.72.2/sbin/rottlog: line 1596: sendmail: command not found
/gnu/store/8q2i735qhdivn5pn87b6ay7z16xnf6py-rottlog-
0.72.2/sbin/rottlog: line 1596: sendmail: command not found
/gnu/store/8q2i735qhdivn5pn87b6ay7z16xnf6py-rottlog-
0.72.2/sbin/rottlog: line 1596: sendmail: command not found
/gnu/store/8q2i735qhdivn5pn87b6ay7z16xnf6py-rottlog-
0.72.2/sbin/rottlog: line 1596: sendmail: command not found

I am guessing this means sendmail needs to be added as propagated-
inputs to ensure it is available to rottlog at runtime.

Attached patch with these changes!

Thank you!
From 6aab4645706f9fe285c253142efe4e9fd40f2c3a Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: =?UTF-8?q?L=C3=A9o=20Le=20Bouter?= <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 04:35:38 +0100
Subject: [PATCH] gnu: rottlog: Fix mail reporting.

* gnu/packages/admin.scm (rottlog):
[propagated-inputs]: Add sendmail.
---
 gnu/packages/admin.scm | 1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

diff --git a/gnu/packages/admin.scm b/gnu/packages/admin.scm
index 9df14b5ca0..5c22d40d1d 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/admin.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/admin.scm
@@ -1385,6 +1385,7 @@ at once based on a Perl regular expression.")
                      ("automake" ,automake)
                      ("util-linux" ,util-linux))) ; for 'cal'
     (inputs `(("coreutils*" ,coreutils)))
+    (propagated-inputs `(("sendmail" ,sendmail)))
     (home-page "https://www.gnu.org/software/rottlog/")
     (synopsis "Log rotation and management")
     (description
-- 
2.29.2