Subject: [bug#45151] [PATCH 1/1] gnu: Add openfortivpn

From: David Dashyan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2020 22:58:26 +0300

Hello Leo!

> I hope that helps!
This does help.  Thank you very much for detailed review and tips!  I
remember when I packaged it first it didn't run without ppp binary:

ERROR:  /usr/sbin/pppd: No such file or directory.

Mistakenly I assumed that propagated inputs is THE way to include
runtime dependencies such as commands.  I greped the binary -- is does
point to /gnu/store/xxx-ppp-2.4.8-1.yyy/sbin/pppd :) Didn't think of
that.

> So, does the package work if the openssl and ppp dependencies are just
> 'inputs' rather than native-inputs and propagated-inputs?
I've tested the package with suggested changes.  It does work with ppp
and openssl in inputs field.  ldd points to libssl okay.

$ guix environment --pure --ad-hoc openfortivpn
[env]$ /run/setuid-programs/sudo --preserve-env \
           openfortivpn -c ~/path/to/my/config

> You can use `guix gc --references $(guix build openfortinet)` to see
> what store references the built package has kept. These references are
> literally just strings that look like filenames in /gnu/store, found
> by scanning when the package build is completed.
Great I will use it!

> Is this the "home-page" of this program?
Whoops I think i copypasted from definition below.  This package doesn't
have a home page it seems.

BTW I'm what is the right way to send fixes patch? Sending the whole
thing again is easier on your side then adding commit patch on top?

-- 
David aka zzappie