Subject: bug#4513: [Aquamacs-devel] Where are the menu sub-items in Aquamacs version 2.

From: David Reitter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 19:05:44 -0400

On Sep 22, 2009, at 6:35 PM, Adrian Robert wrote:
>> So let's split this issue from 4513, which is about the mangle  
>> applications menu when compiling on 10.6
>
> Or absent File menu you mean.  It seems strange that only File and  
> not all others are affected...

I think it just grabs the first menu available and sticks it into the  
application menu.  Hence "mangled".  Attaching screenshot to illustrate.

> Regarding the event loop crashes, I looked at the code a bit and I  
> can't see where anything is wrong with the timer handling.  Emacs  
> should be running with one thread, so add scheduling and  
> invalidation should be correct.  Can you remember if a common factor  
> in the crashes is the use of one or more popup dialogs during the  
> run prior to the crash?  The only thing I can think of here is that  
> there could be some funny business with the modal and nonmodal run  
> loops.  Otherwise, you could try uncommenting the assertion in  
> ns_select().

Note that all of the crashes occurred with 23.1, but I don't think  
you've changed / fixed anything in that area since then -?

As a common factor I can only say that I wasn't doing anything on the  
Emacs side.  I actually remember working with other apps and maybe  
switching back to an Emacs window.

I've added an assert() (in the Aquamacs master branch).  Maybe we'll  
get some bug reports this way.

- D