Subject: bug#4513: NS: File menu missing

From: Adrian Robert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 08:55:10 -0400

> I also tried backing out the 09-17 changes - no success.
>
> Even if you add an extra (empty) menu to global-map, the file  
> entries appear in the Emacs menu.
>
> I wonder if it has something to do with 10.6.  Couldn't check it  
> (my 10.5 machine at home is PPC), but will attempt to run it on  
> 10.5 tomorrow.

I'm confused why no one ever mentioned this before in any of the 10.6  
discussions.

Note the top-level menubar is redone in ns-win.el, though nearly  
identically to menu-bar.el.  No reason not to comment that stuff out  
and retry.

I started looking at the 64-bit stuff and wanted to use Erik's patch  
directly but am not sure how long his copyright assignment will  
take.  Also there are some changes in common code that I'm not 100%  
sure about (limited experience in 64-bit ATM).  For instance, %ld in  
printfs, at the very least I think casts of the arguments to (long)  
will be needed to avoid problems on 32-bit systems.

I updated nsfont.m to pay attention to registries, will check that in  
soon.