Subject: bug#4513: NS: File menu missing

From: David Reitter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 22:56:20 -0400

On Sep 21, 2009, at 9:00 PM, Adrian Robert wrote:
> Very odd.  I have not made any changes that I *think* could affect  
> this.  Have not seen the bug (10.4) -- even tried setting my lang to  
> German, but it might be I need to do another bootstrap build or  
> something.  There look like there were a lot of menu-related changes  
> in the lisp subdirectory on 2009-09-17.
>

I'm on 10.6.1.

I tried to compile various revisions, but this doesn't really work  
(due to unrelated 10.6 compatibility issues).

git checkout emacs
make extraclean
export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=
CC='gcc -arch i386' ./configure --with-ns --without-x
make bootstrap
make install

I also tried backing out the 09-17 changes - no success.

Even if you add an extra (empty) menu to global-map, the file entries  
appear in the Emacs menu.

I wonder if it has something to do with 10.6.  Couldn't check it (my  
10.5 machine at home is PPC), but will attempt to run it on 10.5  
tomorrow.

- D