Subject: RE: bug#45127: 28.0.50; wdired + dired-hide-details-mode toggling?

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2020 16:15:32 -0800 (PST)

> > All I tried was `emacs -Q', then Dired, then `C-x C-q',
> > then evaluate (derived-mode-p 'dired-mode), which
> > returned nil.
> 
> But you also said "FWIW, I don't see this problem with Emacs 27.1",
> i.e. you said you don't see the error this is about.

Yes.  But I was wrong.

I was using `(', not `M-x dired-hide-details-mode'.
Which means I was never using it when already in
`wdired-mode'.

If I use `M-x dired-hide-details-mode' when in `wdired-mode'
I see the error you reported.

Sorry for the noise.

I was first using `(' and then turning on `wdired-mode',
not turning on `wdired-mode' and then using
`M-x dired-hide-details-mode'.

(And I was evaling `(derived-mode-p 'dired-mode)' in
`wired-mode' - which returns nil.)