Subject: [core-updates] Rsync 3.2.3

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2020 15:49:19 -0500

This patch updates rsync to 3.2.3 and adds a dependency on xxhash.

Using xxhash as the default checksum algorithm is supposed to improve
performance with large files, and only adds about 600 KiB to the
closure.

There are other new optional dependencies: zstd and lz4 for compression,
and OpenSSL for hardware accelerated MD4 and MD5 checksums, but this
patch doesn't use them. If anyone would like to enable them, that's okay
with me. There is some info about what they are for here:

https://github.com/WayneD/rsync/blob/master/INSTALL.md

Something I'm unsure about is that I have to build rsync-boot0 with
"--disable-asm", or else it fails as shown below. This controls whether
or not to use a new x86_64 assembly MD5 implementation. There are of
course several differences between rsync-boot0 and rsync, but I don't
know what the problem is. I suppose it should only be enabled for x86_64
anyways, but maybe rsync's build tools handle that for us?

------
gcc -std=gnu99 -I. -Wa,--noexecstack -c -o lib/md5-asm-x86_64.o ./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S: Assembler messages:
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:41: Error: bad register name `%rbp'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:42: Error: bad register name `%rbx'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:43: Error: bad register name `%r12'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:44: Error: bad register name `%r13'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:45: Error: bad register name `%r14'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:46: Error: bad register name `%r15'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:51: Error: bad register name `%rdi'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:52: Error: bad register name `%rdx'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:53: Error: bad register name `%rsi,%rdx)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:54: Error: bad register name `%rbp)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:55: Error: bad register name `%rbp)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:56: Error: bad register name `%rbp)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:57: Error: bad register name `%rbp)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:65: Error: bad register name `%rdi'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:70: Error: bad register name `%r8d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:71: Error: bad register name `%r9d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:72: Error: bad register name `%r14d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:73: Error: bad register name `%r15d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:74: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:75: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:76: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:77: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:78: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:79: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:80: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:81: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:83: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:85: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:86: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:87: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:88: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:89: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:90: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:92: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:94: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:95: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:96: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:97: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:98: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:99: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:101: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:103: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:104: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:105: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:106: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:107: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:108: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:110: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:112: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:113: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:114: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:115: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:116: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:117: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:119: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:121: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:122: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:123: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:124: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:125: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:126: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:128: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:130: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:131: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:132: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:133: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:134: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:135: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:137: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:139: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:140: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:141: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:142: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:143: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:144: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:146: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:148: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:149: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:150: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:151: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:152: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:153: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:155: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:157: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:158: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:159: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:160: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:161: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:162: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:164: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:166: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:167: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:168: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:169: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:170: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:171: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:173: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:175: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:176: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:177: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:178: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:179: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:180: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:182: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:184: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:185: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:186: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:187: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:188: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:189: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:191: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:193: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:194: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:195: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:196: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:197: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:198: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:200: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:202: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:203: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:204: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:205: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:206: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:207: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:209: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:211: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:212: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:213: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:214: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:215: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:216: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:218: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:220: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:221: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:222: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:223: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:224: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:225: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:226: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:227: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:228: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:229: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:230: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:231: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:234: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:235: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:236: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:237: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:238: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:239: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:240: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:241: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:242: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:245: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:246: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:247: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:248: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:249: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:250: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:251: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:252: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:253: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:256: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:257: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:258: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:259: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:260: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:261: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:262: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:263: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:264: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:267: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:268: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:269: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:270: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:271: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:272: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:273: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:274: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:275: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:278: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:279: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:280: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:281: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:282: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:283: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:284: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:285: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:286: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:289: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:290: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:291: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:292: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:293: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:294: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:295: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:296: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:297: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:300: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:301: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:302: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:303: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:304: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:305: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:306: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:307: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:308: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:311: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:312: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:313: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:314: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:315: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:316: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:317: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:318: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:319: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:322: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:323: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:324: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:325: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:326: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:327: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:328: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:329: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:330: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:333: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:334: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:335: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:336: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:337: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:338: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:339: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:340: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:341: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:344: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:345: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:346: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:347: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:348: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:349: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:350: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:351: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:352: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:355: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:356: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:357: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:358: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:359: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:360: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:361: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:362: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:363: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:366: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:367: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:368: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:369: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:370: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:371: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:372: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:373: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:374: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:377: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:378: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:379: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:380: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:381: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:382: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:383: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:384: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:385: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:388: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:389: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:390: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:391: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:392: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:393: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:394: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:395: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:396: Error: bad register name `%r12d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:399: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:400: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:401: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:402: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:403: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:404: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:405: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:407: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:409: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:410: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:411: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:412: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:413: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:415: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:417: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:418: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:419: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:420: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:421: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:423: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:425: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:426: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:427: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:428: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:429: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:431: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:433: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:434: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:435: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:436: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:437: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:439: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:441: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:442: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:443: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:444: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:445: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:447: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:449: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:450: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:451: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:452: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:453: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:455: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:457: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:458: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:459: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:460: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:461: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:463: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:465: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:466: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:467: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:468: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:469: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:471: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:473: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:474: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:475: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:476: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:477: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:479: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:481: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:482: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:483: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:484: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:485: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:487: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:489: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:490: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:491: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:492: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:493: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:495: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:497: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:498: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:499: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:500: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:501: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:503: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:505: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:506: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:507: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:508: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:509: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:511: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:513: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:514: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:515: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:516: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:517: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:519: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:521: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:522: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:523: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:524: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:525: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:527: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:529: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:530: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:531: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:532: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:533: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:534: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:535: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:536: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:537: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:539: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:541: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:542: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:543: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:544: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:545: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:546: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:548: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:550: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:551: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:552: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:553: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:554: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:555: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:557: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:559: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:560: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:561: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:562: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:563: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:564: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:566: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:568: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:569: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:570: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:571: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:572: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:573: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:575: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:577: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:578: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:579: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:580: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:581: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:582: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:584: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:586: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:587: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:588: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:589: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:590: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:591: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:593: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:595: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:596: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:597: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:598: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:599: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:600: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:602: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:604: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:605: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:606: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:607: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:608: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:609: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:611: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:613: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:614: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:615: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:616: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:617: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:618: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:620: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:622: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:623: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:624: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:625: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:626: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:627: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:629: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:631: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:632: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:633: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:634: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:635: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:636: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:638: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:640: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:641: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:642: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:643: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:644: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:645: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:647: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:649: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:650: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:651: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:652: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:653: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:654: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:656: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:658: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:659: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:660: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:661: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:662: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:663: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:665: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:667: Error: bad register name `%r10d)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:668: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:669: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:670: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:671: Error: bad register name `%rsi)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:672: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:674: Error: bad register name `%r11d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:677: Error: bad register name `%r8d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:678: Error: bad register name `%r9d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:679: Error: bad register name `%r14d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:680: Error: bad register name `%r15d'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:683: Error: bad register name `%rsi'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:684: Error: bad register name `%rdi'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:688: Error: bad register name `%rbp)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:689: Error: bad register name `%rbp)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:690: Error: bad register name `%rbp)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:691: Error: bad register name `%rbp)'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:693: Error: bad register name `%r15'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:694: Error: bad register name `%r14'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:695: Error: bad register name `%r13'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:696: Error: bad register name `%r12'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:697: Error: bad register name `%rbx'
./lib/md5-asm-x86_64.S:698: Error: bad register name `%rbp'
If you can't fix the issue, re-run ./configure with --disable-asm.
make: *** [Makefile:144: lib/md5-asm-x86_64.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
command "make" "-j" "4" failed with status 2
------
From 42c1e7e80e09c087991ec86ca6aa7ff392198efe Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2020 23:44:40 -0500
Subject: [PATCH] gnu: rsync: Update to 3.2.3.

* gnu/packages/rsync.scm (rsync): Update to 3.2.3.
[arguments]: Disable optional lz4, openssl, and zstd support that was
added in 3.2.0. Use assembly MD5 implementation when appropriate.
[inputs]: Add xxhash.
* gnu/packages/commencement.scm (rsync-boot0)[arguments]: Disable
optional lz4, openssl, xxhash, and zstd support, and disable x86_64
assembly MD5 implementation.
---
 gnu/packages/commencement.scm |  8 +++++++-
 gnu/packages/rsync.scm        | 16 +++++++++++++---
 2 files changed, 20 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

diff --git a/gnu/packages/commencement.scm b/gnu/packages/commencement.scm
index 632ee46cea..6ab1f95a24 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/commencement.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/commencement.scm
@@ -2946,7 +2946,13 @@ exec " gcc "/bin/" program
     (native-inputs `(("perl" ,perl-boot0)))
     (inputs (%boot0-inputs))
     (arguments
-     `(#:implicit-inputs? #f
+     `(#:configure-flags
+       '("--disable-asm"
+         "--disable-lz4"
+         "--disable-openssl"
+         "--disable-xxhash"
+         "--disable-zstd")
+       #:implicit-inputs? #f
        #:guile ,%bootstrap-guile))))
 
 (define-syntax define/system-dependent
diff --git a/gnu/packages/rsync.scm b/gnu/packages/rsync.scm
index 214095aa61..f1bdb97f0b 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/rsync.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/rsync.scm
@@ -25,6 +25,7 @@
   #:use-module (gnu packages acl)
   #:use-module (gnu packages base)
   #:use-module (gnu packages compression)
+  #:use-module (gnu packages digest)
   #:use-module (gnu packages perl)
   #:use-module (gnu packages popt)
   #:use-module ((guix licenses) #:prefix license:)
@@ -37,25 +38,34 @@
 (define-public rsync
   (package
    (name "rsync")
-   (version "3.1.3")
+   (version "3.2.3")
    (source (origin
             (method url-fetch)
             (uri (string-append "https://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/src/rsync-"
                                 version ".tar.gz"))
             (sha256
              (base32
-              "1h0011dj6jgqpgribir4anljjv7bbrdcs8g91pbsmzf5zr75bk2m"))))
+              "03p5dha9g9krq61mdbcrjkpz5nglri0009ks2vs9k97f9i83rk5y"))))
    (build-system gnu-build-system)
    (arguments
     `(#:configure-flags
       ;; The bundled copies are preferred by default.
       (list "--without-included-zlib"
-            "--without-included-popt")))
+            "--without-included-popt"
+            ;; Avoid these dependencies for now.
+            "--disable-lz4"
+            "--disable-openssl"
+            "--disable-zstd"
+            ,@(if (string-prefix? "x86_64" (or (%current-target-system)
+                                               (%current-system)))
+                  '()
+                  '("--disable-asm")))))
    (native-inputs
     `(("perl" ,perl)))
    (inputs
     `(("acl" ,acl)
       ("popt" ,popt)
+      ("xxhash" ,xxhash)
       ("zlib" ,zlib)))
    (synopsis "Remote (and local) file copying tool")
    (description
-- 
2.29.2