Subject: 28.0.50; self-test errors on mac

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2020 08:43:27 -0500

I am not sure if this should be reported, please tell me if not.
`make check` on MacOS reports:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
-----------------------
Files examined: 328
Ran 4535 tests, 4455 results as expected, 6 unexpected, 74 skipped
1 files did not contain any tests:
  src/emacs-module-tests.log
4 files contained unexpected results:
  lisp/wdired-tests.log
  lisp/net/nsm-tests.log
  lisp/emacs-lisp/package-tests.log
  lisp/emacs-lisp/bytecomp-tests.log
make[2]: *** [check-doit] Error 2
make[1]: *** [check] Error 2
make: *** [check] Error 2
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-apple-darwin19.6.0, NS appkit-1894.60 Version 10.15.7 (Build 19H15))
 of 2020-12-08 built on BZ-C02XR5CGJG5L
Repository revision: 06168c124d67a331c9e4b95d807531f697c320dc
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1894
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.15.7

Configured using:
 'configure --with-imagemagick --with-mailutils --with-ns
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/opt/libxml2/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/imagemagick/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/gnutls/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/jansson/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/libtiff/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/libpng/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/libjpeg/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/freetype/lib/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
JPEG TIFF PNG IMAGEMAGICK NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: C
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Inferior Python

Minor modes in effect:
  pyvenv-mode: t
  compilation-shell-minor-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-edit-server-edit-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  url-handler-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort bbdb-message mailalias cookie1 mail-extr gnus-msg gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7
netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win emacsbug message rmc
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 gmm-utils mailheader sendmail misearch
multi-isearch tabify add-log remember markdown-mode rx noutline outline
view tex-mode doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif sh-script executable
score-mode dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs mhtml-mode css-mode smie eww
xdg url-queue shr kinsoku svg xml puny mm-url color js cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
sgml-mode dom vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher flyspell ispell yaml-mode
make-mode vc-git company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags
company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files
company-clang company-template company-cmake company-bbdb
yasnippet-snippets cl-extra yasnippet flymake-proc flymake thingatpt
company-capf company pcase help-fns radix-tree help-mode elpy edmacro
kmacro elpy-rpc pyvenv eshell esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io
esh-arg esh-module esh-groups esh-util elpy-shell elpy-profile
elpy-django s elpy-refactor diff-mode easy-mmode ido grep compile etags
fileloop generator xref project cus-edit pp python tramp-sh tramp
tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell
pcomplete parse-time iso8601 ls-lisp format-spec comint ansi-color
midnight warnings gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums text-property-search time-date mail-utils mm-util
mail-prsvr wid-edit bbdb-mua bbdb-com crm mailabbrev bbdb bbdb-site
timezone edit-server advice server winner ring which-func imenu paren
help-at-pt desktop frameset cus-start cus-load info package easymenu
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue
cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 486253 28022)
 (symbols 48 30447 1)
 (strings 32 217716 13110)
 (string-bytes 1 5755336)
 (vectors 16 72942)
 (vector-slots 8 1035076 9911)
 (floats 8 431 103)
 (intervals 56 17301 85)
 (buffers 984 113))

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on darwin Ns 10.3.1894
http://childpsy.net http://calmchildstories.com http://steingoldpsychology.com
https://thereligionofpeace.com https://ffii.org https://mideasttruth.com
Oral sex was invented by mermaids.