Subject: Re: [bug#45108] Added emacs-burly

From: Michael Rohleder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2020 21:43:11 +0100

Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]> writes:
> Oleg Pykhalov <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Pushed with changes above to master.
>
> I don't think the emacs-map package is needed as a propagated inputs
> since it ships with Emacs. Have you tried building emacs-burly without
> it?
>
> For the same reason I'm not even sure we need to provide emacs-map at
> all (we do not provide emacs-seq either).
>
> WDYT?

I think, emacs-seq has shown that packages "extracted" from emacs (here:
map, xref, project) can be problematic if they become older than the one
that ship with emacs (and are deeper in the graph?).  Not sure, maybe
this is already an issue for emacs-next users?!

-- 
	Brian Kernighan has an automobile which he helped design.
Unlike most automobiles, it has neither speedometer, nor gas gauge, nor
any of the numerous idiot lights which plague the modern driver.
Rather, if the driver makes any mistake, a giant "?" lights up in the
center of the dashboard.  "The experienced driver", he says, "will
usually know what's wrong."