Subject: bug#45103: [feature/native-comp] add re-dumping support

From: Björn Bidar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2023 02:22:27 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
>> Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2023 16:44:44 +0200
>> From:  Björn Bidar via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs,
>>  the Swiss army knife of text editors" <[email-masked]>
>> 
>> 
>> Where is the file stored? Should there be a variable to override the
>> location of this file?
>
> How would a variable help when we are installing the file as part of
> "make install"?
>
I was talking about the user generated pdmp as described in the bug,
not the one generated during install.

> And how would this variable help, if Emacs must load the dump file
> before it can do anything else?
>

My idea was more in the line of producing the pdmp after the
installation, store in side the user config or cache directory and load
it each time Emacs starts.
But if understand correctly to check correctly for each platform for
these directories would be to early.