Subject: 28.0.50; tabulated-list-mode: cannot activate button

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2020 03:29:43 +0300

Here is recipe:

(define-derived-mode my-mode tabulated-list-mode "Choice" "Choice Mode"
  (setq tabulated-list-padding 1)
  (setq tabulated-list-format  [("Title" 60 t) ("Button" 20 t)])
  (tabulated-list-init-header))

(defun my-display ()
  (let* ((buffer "Choice")
	 (buffer (get-buffer-create buffer)))
    (switch-to-buffer-other-window buffer)
    (my-mode)
    (setq tabulated-list-entries '((1 ["Something" ("Button" 'action (lambda (b) (message "Hello")) 'font-lock-face 'link 'follow-link t)])))
    (tabulated-list-print t)))

(my-display) ;; This will not activate the button.

;; while this works fine
(insert-text-button "Button" 'action (lambda (b) (message "Hello")))
Button

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.14.8, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2020-11-25 built on protected.rcdrun.com
Repository revision: 30c437752df0a3a9410f1249fa0f237110811af2
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11907000
System Description: Hyperbola GNU/Linux-libre

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/package/text/emacs --with-modules
 --with-x-toolkit=lucid'

Configured features:
XAW3D XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB
NOTIFY INOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS LUCID X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER
LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=exwm-xim
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  text-scale-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort hashcash mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec epa epg epg-config gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map text-property-search seq byte-opt
gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils face-remap cus-start cus-load
paren time-date subr-x cl-loaddefs cl-lib derived tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit
x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 64053 8801)
 (symbols 48 8272 1)
 (strings 32 22000 2211)
 (string-bytes 1 675019)
 (vectors 16 11695)
 (vector-slots 8 166978 10956)
 (floats 8 34 65)
 (intervals 56 499 41)
 (buffers 984 14))

-- 
Thanks,
Jean Louis
⎔ λ 🄯 𝍄 𝌡 𝌚