Subject: bug#45089: 28.0.50; [PATCH] New xref commands xref-prev-group and xref-next-group

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2020 17:02:24 +0100

Daniel Martín <[email-masked]> writes:

> In an *xref* buffer one can navigate quickly through the results with
> 'p' and 'n'.  However, when there is a lot of results grouped in a bunch
> of files, in some cases it's more interesting to skip results and go to
> the first item of the previous or next group (typically, it will be the
> first result that is in a different file).  The attached patch adds two
> commands for that, and binds them to 'P' and 'N', respectively.
>
> Do you think this is a generally useful feature?  Do you think the
> keybindings I chose are appropriate?  If so, feel free to install the
> attached patch.  It already includes a NEWS entry and the corresponding
> updates to the Emacs manual.  Thanks.

Makes sense to me.  I've now applied this to Emacs 28 (with some minor
line length changes).

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no