Subject: bug#45072: 28.0.50; Emacs switches other buffer back uncontrollably, if other window's buffer is changed by user during minibuffer editing

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2020 10:34:01 +0100

> Thanks, sometime ago I asked how this would be possible to do,
 > and now I'm testing your patch (it missed trailing spaces on diff
 > context lines, but still applies without problems).
 >
 > It seems to be really useful this option needs to keep only windows
 > implicitly created by the user, but remove windows created
 > automatically by mibibuffer-related commands such as the buffer
 > *Completions*.

Such windows must be removed by the mechanism that created them.  I
hardly ever see such windows here because I'm apparently using some
arcane completions mechanism that always puts them in place right away.
But if I'm not mistaken, several such windows may pop up during one and
the same minibuffer input operation and IMO all of them should pop down
automatically as soon as they served their purpose.

A case could be made in the sense that by default the minibuffer window
itself won't shrink back after the completions have been shown there.
But I suppose that people using such a mechanism should also set
'resize-mini-windows' to t.

martin