Subject: bug#45072: 28.0.50; Emacs switches other buffer back uncontrollably, if other window's buffer is changed by user during minibuffer editing

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2020 17:58:40 +0300

* martin rudalics <[email-masked]> [2020-12-08 17:47]:
> > Looks good to me, but I'd revert the logic, as "negative" variables have
> > a tendency to be misunderstood.  That is, call the variable
> > `read-from-minibuffer-restore' and default it to t instead.
> 
> Coming from the frame/window department I'm usually against defaulting
> options to non-nil because nil-valued and absent parameters behave the
> same way.  But I have no problems doing what you propose.  Let's see if
> anyone really wants such an option.

I would prefer by default not to switch windows for me as if I am user
and switched the other buffer why would I need it automatically back?
I switched it because I do not need it.

Please understand how it is to work in a loop in minibuffer, many
coordinates have to be entered carefully and various maps consulted,
and then even though buffers were switched there and back on each new
invocation of minibuffer prompt all those buffers go away.

>From the view point of having user control, I would rather have that
option turned off by default.