Subject: bug#45068: Patch for Modus themes 1.1.1?

From: Protesilaos Stavrou <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 08:09:53 +0200

On 2021-01-25, 17:34 +0200, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> From: Protesilaos Stavrou <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked],
>>   [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
>> Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2021 10:49:46 +0200
>> 
>> A quick-and-dirty workaround would be to place the library in some other
>> path, such as lisp/modus-themes.el and keep the other two files were
>> they currently are: etc/themes/modus-{operandi,vivendi}-theme.el
>> 
>> This could, however, make the source code more difficult to understand.
>> It would also set a bad precedent for any possible future themes, as
>> this thread revealed.  So Eli Zaretskii proposed a new 'require-theme'
>> function.
>> 
>> I believe this is how things stand.
>> 
>> For my part, I am willing to do whatever you consider necessary and will
>> follow your lead.
>
> Thanks.  So how about adding such a require-theme function, and then
> using it in your themes?

Hello Eli,

Can you please outline what are the requirements and general
functionality of such a 'require-theme' function?  I wish to give it a
try, though I can only do so in Elisp, whereas 'require' is in C...

If there is some source code or documentation I could consult, please
point me to it.

My intent is to address this issue and then share with you the
forthcoming 1.2.0 version of my themes.

Thanks again for your time and efforts!
Protesilaos

-- 
Protesilaos Stavrou
protesilaos.com