Subject: Re: bug#45068: [PATCH] 28.0.50; Update Modus themes 1.0.2 (backward-incompatible)

From: Mauro Aranda <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2021 13:53:04 -0300

Hi Protesilaos,

Protesilaos Stavrou <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello again!
>
> As noted earlier, please find attached the patch that upgrades the
> themes to their newest version 1.2.0.  I tested it with Basil's latest
> patch for 'require-theme', though it still works with the variant of
> that function currently in trunk.

[...]

> ;;;###autoload
> (when (and (boundp 'custom-theme-load-path) load-file-name)
>   (add-to-list 'custom-theme-load-path
>                (file-name-as-directory (file-name-directory load-file-name))))

A nit: I think this code should avoid adding the value of
custom-theme-directory or the built-in theme directory name to
custom-theme-load-path , if `custom-theme-directory' (for the former) or
t (for the latter) are already present in custom-theme-load-path.  In
particular, a theme distributed with Emacs should at least check for t,
to avoid a repeated entry.

I've noticed that the leuven theme has a similar code as well: I think
that is a (really minor) bug.