Subject: bug#45067: closed (Re: 28.0.50; eldoc error repeatedly in python module)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2020 19:00:03 +0000

Your bug report

#45067: 28.0.50; eldoc error repeatedly in python module

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
45067: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=45067
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: 28.0.50; eldoc error repeatedly in python module
From: Tomas Nordin <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2020 19:59:33 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Tomas Nordin <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello buglist
>
> src/emacs -Q modules/modhelp.py
>
> Messages are produced like this:
>
> eldoc error: (wrong-number-of-arguments (0 . 0) 1)

But with a new build just now after running 'git clean -fxd' I don't see
this problem any more. This issue can be closed. (I close it by this
message I think).

Best regards
--
Tomas

Subject: 28.0.50; eldoc error repeatedly in python module
From: Tomas Nordin <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2020 12:17:26 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello buglist

src/emacs -Q modules/modhelp.py

Messages are produced like this:

eldoc error: (wrong-number-of-arguments (0 . 0) 1)

Best regards
--
Tomas

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.5, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2020-12-05 built on fliptop
Repository revision: dc39c66d3bb6b1db6af0519659ff154bf6d8a5d1
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Waiting for git... [2 times]
eldoc error: (wrong-number-of-arguments (0 . 0) 1)

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF
ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS PDUMPER LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LC_TIME: sv_SE.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Python

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/tomas/computing/repos/emacs/lisp/gnus/nnir hides /home/tomas/computing/repos/emacs/lisp/obsolete/nnir
/home/tomas/computing/repos/emacs/lisp/erc/erc-compat hides /home/tomas/computing/repos/emacs/lisp/obsolete/erc-compat
/home/tomas/computing/repos/emacs/lisp/mail/metamail hides /home/tomas/computing/repos/emacs/lisp/obsolete/metamail

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils vc-git diff-mode
easy-mmode python easymenu tramp-sh tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell pcomplete parse-time
iso8601 time-date ls-lisp format-spec auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv comint ring cl-loaddefs cl-lib
ansi-color iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame
minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces
cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit
x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 73580 4958)
 (symbols 48 9081 1)
 (strings 32 27234 1565)
 (string-bytes 1 982573)
 (vectors 16 14904)
 (vector-slots 8 201231 8676)
 (floats 8 41 58)
 (intervals 56 329 0)
 (buffers 984 11))