Subject: 28.0.50; eldoc error repeatedly in python module

From: Tomas Nordin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2020 12:17:26 +0100

Hello buglist

src/emacs -Q modules/modhelp.py

Messages are produced like this:

eldoc error: (wrong-number-of-arguments (0 . 0) 1)

Best regards
--
Tomas

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.5, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2020-12-05 built on fliptop
Repository revision: dc39c66d3bb6b1db6af0519659ff154bf6d8a5d1
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Waiting for git... [2 times]
eldoc error: (wrong-number-of-arguments (0 . 0) 1)

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF
ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS PDUMPER LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LC_TIME: sv_SE.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Python

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/tomas/computing/repos/emacs/lisp/gnus/nnir hides /home/tomas/computing/repos/emacs/lisp/obsolete/nnir
/home/tomas/computing/repos/emacs/lisp/erc/erc-compat hides /home/tomas/computing/repos/emacs/lisp/obsolete/erc-compat
/home/tomas/computing/repos/emacs/lisp/mail/metamail hides /home/tomas/computing/repos/emacs/lisp/obsolete/metamail

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils vc-git diff-mode
easy-mmode python easymenu tramp-sh tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell pcomplete parse-time
iso8601 time-date ls-lisp format-spec auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv comint ring cl-loaddefs cl-lib
ansi-color iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame
minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces
cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit
x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 73580 4958)
 (symbols 48 9081 1)
 (strings 32 27234 1565)
 (string-bytes 1 982573)
 (vectors 16 14904)
 (vector-slots 8 201231 8676)
 (floats 8 41 58)
 (intervals 56 329 0)
 (buffers 984 11))